Pixilang - pixel oriented programming language
Outdated version 1.6 (14 aug 2008)
Russian version of this page is here
Pixilang is a simple programming language for small graphics/sound applications.
Created by Alex Zolotov (NightRadio) and Mik Razuvaev (Goglus) for non-programmers, demosceners and designers.
Pixilang programs keeps in the TXT-files, so you can edit it in any text-editor. Pixilang interpreter works on different operation systems (Windows, Linux, PalmOS) and distibuting under GNU GPL license.
- easy syntax and small amount of commands;
- universal containers (pixi) using for text/gfx storage;
- pixel graphics describing in a source TXT-files directly (using ASCII symbols);
- transparency (simple and with alpha-channel);
- simple commands for rotation and resize;
- no floating point math operations - only 32bit integers are using;
- playing music in MOD and XM formats (using PsyTexx engine);
- functions for sound synthesis;
- loading GIF (animated) and JPG file formats;
- realtime export to GIF;
Alternative homepage with examples and docs
Community of users and developers