ArmZX v1.5

Any topics and questions
NightRadio
Site Admin

ArmZX v1.5

Post by NightRadio »

Hello, all!
I'm glad to say, that new version (1.5) of ArmZX (ZX Spectrum emulator) is out! Check it out on this page: http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseactio ... odID=47714

What's new:
- Fixed some bugs with keyboard;
- Added new "Keys redefinition" menu with posibility to link ZX key to any Palm keys;
- Support of Palm Graffity area;
- Improved fullscreen mode.
GoochyB

Full screen mode

Post by GoochyB »

The full screen mode is great! :D
gmork

Post by gmork »

Hi! I'm new to these forums. I am a registered ArmZX user (bought it in 2003 although with a different email address, I think it was version 1.1). Today I have downloaded version 1.51 from Palmgear.

So far, I don't see any differences between 1.4 and this. I'm using a Palm TX. I know I downloaded the right version as the file is dated in 2007, and the copyright notice says 2007 too.

Shouldn't I notice a difference with fullscreen, as reported?

Besides, the online keyboard and the graffiti area show strange colors, this happened too with 1.4 in a T5.

Thanks in advance (and glad to betatest if necessary)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hi!
Some defferences not so global :) But... Try to compare "Keys redefinition" menu in 1.4 and 1.51.
Difference with fullscreen consist in more correct rescaling: v 1.4 losed bottom line of ZX screen.
Strange colors of online keyboard and the graffiti area was always :) It's because ArmZX using own 8-bit color-palette. I'll try to change it in the next release.
Thank you for your interest :)
gmork

Post by gmork »

You're right, the hard keys can be mapped now, which is great :-)

About the full screen mode, I've been comparing it to the old version and it is different but I'm still missing some lines at the bottom. For example, the "ULTIMATE" logo in Atic Atac is off screen. I think it's because in 320x480 devices such as the TX, the Spectrum screen doesn't begin at the top of the display, but rather 80 pixels below. As if it was vertically centered. What I think ArmZX tries to do on 320x480 devices is this:

[ blank strip, 80 pixels high ]
[ resized spectrum screen, 320 pixels high ]
[ blank strip, 80 pixels high]

But since ArmZX is not a 320x480 app, the DIA (virtual graffiti area) covers the bottom part so what is seen is something like this:

[ blank strip, 80 pixels high ]
[ spectrum screen minus the bottom 80 pixels ]
[ DIA, 160 pixels high ]

Thanks again !
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hm.. it'strange, because there is no blank strip during the zoom mode :) I'll try to run this game.