Effect request - Jump to Line PPPP

jph

Effect request - Jump to Line PPPP

Post by jph »

Not sure if there is a way to do this already? If so I have not found it, but set me straight if I am just daft.
Most trackers I have used have had a standard effect that let you set the next line that played,. this is great for having an Into and then a Main Loop in tracks for playback in real-time.

(as effect 29 or 31 it makes sense.)

I searched but closest thing a found was this; viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2165&hilit=jump+to
also interesting but rather different.
MissahSombrero

Re: Effect request - Jump to Line PPPP

Post by MissahSombrero »

+1 for the jump to line command.

also, it would be useful to specify the number of times it jumps to that line (just exactly like the HOP command in lsdj). XXYY, jump to line XX, YY times. If the YY value is 00 it jumps to line XX infinitely. You can make some great sounds this way at high BPMs.
jph

Post by jph »

Only problem with that is the limited line numbers only two Hex digits gives,. 255 lines could be a short track. I suppose if NightRadio decides to implement this we could get two separate effects Jump to Line and Repeat Line. I can see the utility of both.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Would that only work for the current pattern, or for the whole timeline? If so, then yeah, 255 isn't very much. Maybe it would be XXXY, for XXX number of lines, and Y times (you can just compound commands on different patterns to add them up). Still, that's not that much either - I think I've made songs long enough to bypass three line digits (65535?).
jph

Post by jph »

ah,. yes I was thinking about the whole track, so yeah XXXY is likely a better format for the repeat jump effect,.
MissahSombrero

Post by MissahSombrero »

maybe there could be different command for jump to line xxxx in song