Little wishlist (mostly "pattern editing-listening" related)

zabugron

Little wishlist (mostly "pattern editing-listening" related)

Post by zabugron »

My little wishlist (mostly "pattern editing-listening" related) for this great and always-growing-better program :)

- when multiple patterns are selected in the timeline (both if they are in a continuous sequence or not), I think it would be really useful if "play pattern" (or maybe a separate "play selected patterns" function) played all and only the selected patterns, from first to last by their current positions in the timeline, in a loop (obviously, as usual)
- I think "play pattern" would be more useful if it started (or, maybe, if it could start) playing from the current cursor position in the pattern
- I think it would be great to have the ability to listen to just the single note currently under the cursor in pattern editor, something like "play the note under cursor and jump to the next position as by the current edit step [without playing any notes in next position]"; and to likewise listen to the single "row" of notes under the cursor, and to the single "virtual row" (just to name it in some way) in all the patterns currently under the "song position" corresponding to the current cursor position in pattern editor; on PCs those abilities could be "triggered" by 3 different shortcuts, eg shift/ctrl/alt+spacebar, and/or by double clicking left/center/right mouse button on the position, and/or...
- a palette for fg and bg color in pattern icons editor, substituting "rgb values editor"; I think it could very well be the same palette as the one already used for modules properties, and that it would make a quicker and more intuitive way to set fg/bg color
- undo and redo also considering changes made to module settings

Thanks and byes :)
organic io

Re: Little wishlist (mostly "pattern editing-listening" rela

Post by organic io »

zabugron wrote: - when multiple patterns are selected in the timeline (both if they are in a continuous sequence or not), I think it would be really useful if "play pattern" (or maybe a separate "play selected patterns" function) played all and only the selected patterns, from first to last by their current positions in the timeline, in a loop (obviously, as usual)
Agreed. Great idea.
zabugron wrote: - I think it would be great to have the ability to listen to just the single note currently under the cursor in pattern editor, something like "play the note under cursor and jump to the next position as by the current edit step
Agreed hugely! I have suggested this too. Like by using the "8" or "Enter" key as other trackers have done.