SunVox Bugs

NightRadio
Site Admin

SunVox Bugs

Post by NightRadio »

This thread is closed now. Please post any bugs to this sub-forum: viewforum.php?f=12
samrai katt kovboy

Re: SunVox Bugs

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

I got one that i dont want you to fix.

If you load up files thats not sound files in the sampler you get crazy good glitchiness and if you modulate it its even better
As it will give different responses through the cycles...

I love it dont fix it!!!

Make a module out of it!!!

Samrai
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

It is not a bug :) If the file format is not recognized, this file will be loaded as raw audio stream.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

It seems that you can't use Preview on a Sampler with Mute or Solo activated, even if the module that loads the sample is audible.
MissahSombrero

Post by MissahSombrero »

on the ipad, if you do live recording for a pattern, then delete the module and replace it with another that has the same module number, the recorded 'movements' stay until you change to another module number. for example you have filter module number 70 and record some movements on cutoff slider, decide you dont like it, delete the filter module replace with reverb (also module number seventy) the parameter 2 will still have the recorded movements. if you add another reverb module but dont delete the first you have module number 71 and the recorded slider movements are gone.

if you want to use the toolbar instead of edit menu to copy paste data into multiple patterns, it often doesnt work once you change to a new pattern but if you use the edit menu it always works.

sometimes patterns 'double up', a new empty pattern can appear ontop of an old one with data in it. it s quite confusing, where is the data you want to edit? then you move the patterns one by one, some empty patterns have appeared ontop of old ones. this has only happened when there are ALOT of modules, tracks, patterns.

I love this software so much cant wait for the tick timing LFO and echo!! Youve done such a great job
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Whenever I try to export a specific song, it crashes. I've isolated it down to a Multisynth - it wasn't the patterns or other modules. Apparently, the MultiSynth doesn't have to be connected to cause the crash. Here's the bugged song file.
geckojsc

Post by geckojsc »

Yes, I've got this problem too in one of my songs. Hope it gets fixed soon because it's really hindering my progress! :)
organic io

Post by organic io »

Why not just play it back and record the output of Sunvox into a different program?
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

@organic io - Yeah, I ended up doing that to get the song out.

I found another bug involving the Filter - the lines freq unit type isn't accurate. You can easily see this by checking lines / 2 and lines / 3 - the filter reverberates faster on those types.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Yes, I've got this problem too in one of my songs. Hope it gets fixed soon because it's really hindering my progress! :)
I fixed it. New beta will be available soon :)
I found another bug involving the Filter - the lines freq unit type isn't accurate.
Can you send me the .sunvox project with this bug?
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

NightRadio wrote:Can you send me the .sunvox project with this bug?
Weird, it seems like restarting fixed it (I can't reproduce the bug). Sorry!
geckojsc

Post by geckojsc »

Great to see you've fixed a load of bugs. :)
I'm still having a minor problem where notes fail to turn off, and carry on being sustained until the next note. It's unpredictable and I don't know how to reproduce it, but I managed to have situation in a looping pattern where the same few notes would fail to turn off every time. When I stopped the playback or moved to another pattern, the problem stopped happening and the pattern played normally again.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Another bug I found is that moving the playhead while recording causes the metronome to stop.
gigi

Post by gigi »

it seems that general Level Meter is inversed. Exemple : when a synth is panned left, than the right level is up, even if the audio content goes in the correct audio output side.
In windows and iOS.
nanotracker

Re: SunVox Blinking out on android 4

Post by nanotracker »

Sunvox flickers to black since android update to 4.04 on samsung galaxy S2.
Worked great on previous version. Maybe a setting?