SunVox Changelog and Development Status

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Zhuinden

Re: SUNVOX V1.7: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by Zhuinden »

organic io wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:If there's one thing I'd truly love to see in sunvox, is that you could create your own module, without just using a Sampler to record it.
As in, group select a bunch of modules, and say "This entire group is now One Module called Synth-1" for example.
And you could save that one module and reload it in another Sunvox project without having to save and load 8 to 17 modules - you could just load 1 and have the same sound.

It would be amazing.
Heh, I just now noticed this. I actually suggested the same thing in the todo list forum, just a few days before you did:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1046&start=150#p5092
Oh, the meta-module. I guess you're right, haha.

The way I imagined it was like, you could select multiple generator/effect modules, and say "Consider this a group now". It would become one module. And what would be really neat is if inside this group, you could mess around with the networking just like normally, except there would have to be an IN module for the group (whatever comes in as input from other modules) and an OUT module for the group (whatever sound the group produces in the end). You could assign a default synth inside the group which should play when you select the group on the outside (for example, a MultiSynth inside the group), and... stuff like that. The point is that the interface would be the same inside the group as outside (you could "enter" and "exit" the group, though) just be at a lower level.
Basically, you could make one giant module out of many modules, you could save this as a sunsynth and reload elsewhere. It would be a new instrument.

Well, that's kinda how I saw it, I'm not sure if you get what I mean, but I hope so. Because if you did, you'd see this is a pretty cool idea, or at least rather useful. :D
organic io

Post by organic io »

Very cool. Your idea is indeed a little different than mine. And most likely better! I think the weirdest thing to implement would probably be the "zooming" into the meta module. But it should be fairly straightforward. I'd like to see a zoom on the modules view anyway.

Suddenly I'm getting a vision of Mandlebrot fractals inside of Sunvox. Metamodules inside of metamodules.
Zhuinden

Post by Zhuinden »

organic io wrote:Very cool. Your idea is indeed a little different than mine. And most likely better! I think the weirdest thing to implement would probably be the "zooming" into the meta module. But it should be fairly straightforward. I'd like to see a zoom on the modules view anyway.

Suddenly I'm getting a vision of Mandlebrot fractals inside of Sunvox. Metamodules inside of metamodules.
Yeah, that's the plan. :D
(All the Verilog modular programming I was doing for my homework at university sort of left me with that thinking, apparently : P)

Though this might be an insane idea, but if there was such a grouping feature implemented, then you could load an entire Sunvox project, and it would load ALL instruments and modules from that project into this NEW project within a single Group. That way it would not overload the module network with a bunch of stuff, but would still allow you to easily re-use older stuff and not just copy-pasting them one by one from one project to another.

edit: However, if it was that way, then all that would be necessary would be an "input" module and an "output" module as I stated above, but assigning default synths 'could' make it more user-friendly, but the point would be that you could assign both the group to function as one giant instrument, or you could use the internal generators as well each as a stand alone generator. (this would just mean that the numbering would also still be global for the project)

I'm not sure if you can imagine it the same way I do.
So I drew it.

The only part I haven't figured out was what the group module (metamodule) should have on the left. : P
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

Something I'd like to see: the ability to change the size of the modules. By being able to change the size of them, you could not only see more modules onscreen, you could also organize your modules better (some might be quieter than others, or you may want to organize them by texture). I do see this being a problem with the iPad version though, because if they get too small it'll be difficult to select them accurately, so there should be some kinda "size lock" option to keep the modules at their current or original sizes.
menthes

Post by menthes »

The Handle wrote:Something I'd like to see: the ability to change the size of the modules.
try adding these lines to sunvox_config.ini:

synth_xsize_divider 2
synth_ysize_multiplier 30

this is the smallest usable module size imo.
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

menthes wrote:try adding these lines to sunvox_config.ini:

synth_xsize_divider 2

Ah, didn't realize the option was there, thanks! :)
ayoshutduff

Post by ayoshutduff »

The Handle wrote:
menthes wrote:try adding these lines to sunvox_config.ini:

synth_xsize_divider 2

Ah, didn't realize the option was there, thanks! :)
Wow thanks for that! NOW, it will be easier to organize modules.
Is there another feature like that? Because that wasn't mentioned in the instructions...unless I've missed it.
organic io

Post by organic io »

I missed that too until someone mentioned it in another thread a while back. It's not in the manual, but in the changelog. I read the entire changelog after that to make sure I wasn't missing anything else!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Real-time recording of any types of sound events (notes, Touch Theremin, controllers changing). Coming soon in SunVox 1.7.
organic io

Post by organic io »

Looks awesome... It's going to be so useful. I can't wait!
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

"Looks awesome" is right. Can't wait to try it out!
fuzzix

Post by fuzzix »

NightRadio wrote:Real-time recording of any types of sound events (notes, Touch Theremin, controllers changing). Coming soon in SunVox 1.7.
OK, this is killer, absolutely incredible.

The video is... :shock: :good:

The keyboard recording, awesome. I think it's over, but then comes the theremin... and just as I reach down to pick the jaw up off the floor, the FX. Great work.
irc.esper.net
#sunvox
organic io

Post by organic io »

For me the FX will be the most useful -- No more manually remembering control values and entering commands and interpolating them.
Zarkon

Post by Zarkon »

I am waiting that feauture! I wished that one year ago, so can't wait the next release! :Bravo: :good: =@
trackhead

Post by trackhead »

Marvelous !

- does this work on android phones with midi-keyboard ?
- Is there already an Midi-USB driver?

Greetings