SunVox Changelog and Development Status

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
SolarLune

Re: SUNVOX V1.7: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by SolarLune »

ChippyMunk wrote:Actually, this is already on the to-do list.
Snap, you're right! Awesome!
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

any chance for a new std effect that would randomize the note? for example if you laid down the note e6 and set the std value to 00012, everytime that pattern line is played it would pick a random note between the base note(e6) and d#6

a cool application for this would be: you could have a sampler setup with 16 different drum sounds and with the random note std, the sampler would play a different drum sample with every note that has this std set for it
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

The MultiSynth has a Random parameter that you can specify that will offset the note by a random amount of tones.
Zhuinden

Post by Zhuinden »

If there's one thing I'd truly love to see in sunvox, is that you could create your own module, without just using a Sampler to record it.
As in, group select a bunch of modules, and say "This entire group is now One Module called Synth-1" for example.
And you could save that one module and reload it in another Sunvox project without having to save and load 8 to 17 modules - you could just load 1 and have the same sound.

It would be amazing.
weedian

Post by weedian »

That's a really good idea. Once you get a few signal chains going, the interface can get a bit cluttered.

Grouping would be great. Perhaps a "Group" module that you can drag and drop regular modules into... Or what about an option in module properties, along the lines of "Group module string/Ungroup".

The key would be allowing module groups to be de/un-grouped.

This would make creating templates easier and faster.

I second your idea!
geckojsc

Post by geckojsc »

Thirded!
Yeah, a feature to combine modules into one would be great.
You could then select the essential parameters from the modules inside and add them to the group's parameter list, something like this:

Where Group1 has a generator and a filter inside it, and we've picked out three important options that we want to tweak, or apply modulation to.
Newk

Post by Newk »

Jack support in linux +1
or just alsa device that doesnt need to connect to hardware specific so it can be bridged to jack (or otherwise routed)

keep up the exelent work!
organic io

Post by organic io »

Newk wrote:Jack support in linux +1
or just alsa device that doesnt need to connect to hardware specific so it can be bridged to jack (or otherwise routed)

keep up the exelent work!
+1, when I'm not tracking on the Mobilepro, it's on Linux so this would be a great feature to make Sunvox play nice with other apps
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Any development progress, NightRadio? :)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

yeah... :) Android porting is not so easy :)
organic io

Post by organic io »

Zhuinden wrote:If there's one thing I'd truly love to see in sunvox, is that you could create your own module, without just using a Sampler to record it.
As in, group select a bunch of modules, and say "This entire group is now One Module called Synth-1" for example.
And you could save that one module and reload it in another Sunvox project without having to save and load 8 to 17 modules - you could just load 1 and have the same sound.

It would be amazing.
Heh, I just now noticed this. I actually suggested the same thing in the todo list forum, just a few days before you did:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1046&start=150#p5092
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

Hey NR, I was just wondering, what can we expect to see in 1.7? :)
nanotracker

Post by nanotracker »

Concerning the port to android. I read recently that android will soon have support for c++ programs. Wouldnt that make the port alot easier?
nanotracker

Post by nanotracker »

And Id like to add its going to be fantastic to run sunvox on the samsung epic touch. Woot
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

what can we expect to see in 1.7?
I'll answer a bit later :)
I read recently that android will soon have support for c++ programs. Wouldnt that make the port alot easier?
Exactly. I use this feature. But it is still has some drawbacks in comparison with iOS.