Shell mod player for unix

Any topics and questions
koral

Shell mod player for unix

Post by koral »

Hello!
Can anyone suggest a decent console mod player for linux platforms? I am running debian and using mpd+ncmpc as my primary media player. It claims to play mod files as well but i didn't have any luck playing one. It just can't see .mod files in the library.

Yesterday i tried a few players that i found on google: mikmod and opencubic player. Mikmod was okay but it requires to create playlists manualy which is a pain. Opencubic player is great, apart from it's not really a shell app, just made to look like one and it has tons of useless features like visualisations and levels and just generaly too much useless meters on the screen.

What I am looking for is a fairly simple player that can "eat" a few of the formats and has a basic add/remove from playlist features and some simple volume/next/prev track commands.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I am running Debian 6.0 with Awesome3 tilig window manager.
Zarkon

Re: Shell mod player for unix

Post by Zarkon »

Hello,Koral! I am not sure ,but have you tried this one: http://milkytracker.org/?download
I saw a debian port on that page. Hoping this is what you need. :)
koral

Post by koral »

Well, milky is a tracker, I was on about a mod player. No worries, I've already found what I wanted.

MPD if compiled from source plays MOD tunes. And another option is MOC, a brilliant console player with bells and whistles.
Zarkon

Post by Zarkon »

koral,aahh. Well,I am glad you found what you wanted! You are welcome to the forum! :)