SunVox Changelog and Development Status

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: SUNVOX V1.6.2: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by NightRadio »

ASIO is in my plans :) But I'm not sure whether this will be in 1.6.2.
Grekko

Post by Grekko »

will the new update be able to do real time recording in order to play notes with the keyboard?

If yes, will it be possible to allocate more modules to certain keys in order to be able to play, for instance, a drum rhythm?

One more question: will the new version support "midi thru" to control a synthecizer with a keyboard ?

thx. :good:
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

will the new update be able to do real time recording in order to play notes with the keyboard?
I hope so. But still not promise it in 1.6.2. It depends on how quickly MIDI input will be implemented.
If yes, will it be possible to allocate more modules to certain keys in order to be able to play, for instance, a drum rhythm?
I think, this feature is not connected to MIDI directly :) But i will try to implement it too. In the MultiSynth, for example.
One more question: will the new version support "midi thru" to control a synthecizer with a keyboard ?
I will try :)
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

If you implement real-time recording, please include a metronome - that would be useful to have (a user could make one himself fairly easily, but still)...
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

How's development coming? Is Midi-In finished, or is it still in production?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

How's development coming? Is Midi-In finished, or is it still in production?
Only finished in Linux version :) Now working on OSX/iOS and Windows.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Yes. Keep up the good work - I'll be able to really get down with it when it's implemented!
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

45% - nice. If I could make a request, it would be to have a function to transpose notes for whole patterns selected in the pattern editor - that would really make it much easier to transpose a part of a song.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Another request would be tempo-scaling - I need this sometimes. This feature would be where if you have a note on line 1 and then another on line 3, you could tempo scale it (like the transpose dialog) by, say, 50%, so that the note on line 1 is still there, but the note on line 3 is now on line 6. Perhaps like the Transpose dialog there could be support for tempo scaling the selection only or also the whole song (I suppose it should also stretch the patterns out as well - or you could have a checkbox for that).Also, an ability to input an arbitrary amount would be good as well. That would REALLY help me out.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Oh, and you should be able to copy and paste instruments - right now the only way to duplicate instruments is to save them and reload them. A simple Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V combination would be great.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Pushed back to April? Nooooo... LOL - 56% is great, though. Keep it up, NightRadio.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

70%, huh? It's coming along nicely, then.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

It's been 75% for a little while now. Making any headway, Alex?
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

95%, huh? I've been checking the forum every day waiting for this release - it's going to be sick. :Bravo:
offthesky

Re: SUNVOX V1.7: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by offthesky »

hey there nightradio... so i had some fun this week (when i should have been doing real work at my day job ;]) and i created some simple sketches for a sunvox live-mode pipe-dream idea i'd tossed out in the forums a while ago. these are only just "if you could build in a super-wish-list item" kind of fun sketches. but hopefully they'll inspire some similar idea in your brain for a concept like this to be built into sunvox one day? i think having a live mode like this would make sunvox become the foremost 'live performance' tracker...

cheers!
jason