counting measures

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
reder

counting measures

Post by reder »

Hello

Apologies for the seemingly basic question :oops: SunVox uses the tracker format instead of a typical piano roll.

I'd like to get an understanding of how calculating measures. Typically at 90BPM with 32 measures the audio section would be about 87 seconds long.

On SunVox using 90BPM and 64 step sequence the audio is only around 15 seconds.

Can anyone explain what's the equivalent to 1 measure in SunVox tracker sequence?
reder

Re: counting measures

Post by reder »

can anyone offer some advice?
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

it depends on the tpl and the time grid settings. by default, with tpl=6 and both grid settings=4, one measure of 4/4 is 16 lines. tpl=3 makes the timeline scroll twice as fast, so one measure of 4/4 is 32 lines. you can change the grid settings to make other time signatures easier to program
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
philipbergwerf

Post by philipbergwerf »

I read a lot about midi. I know that tpl stands for 'ticks per line'. Ticks is the smallest time-part in general midi. You can change this and it changes the ticks per beat message in a midi file. Also, there are tracker effects(19, 1C, 1D) that are working with ticks. You can use the effects if you need an even shorter note than a line.

But I see you found already the answer to your own question right? The grid and grid2 are time signature. As far as I know there is no time sig change possible like how it works in a midi track.