Converting voice to midi notes or controlling instruments with voice

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Musicmatters

Converting voice to midi notes or controlling instruments with voice

Post by Musicmatters »

Good day everyone. I noticed in other daws like fl studio and Ableton they have an amazing feature that converts voice recordings into midi notes. And there are other software that lets you controll instruments with your voice so you can make melodies and patterns faster. is it possible for sunvox to be able to do any of this? If not is it possible for someone to create a module of some kind to pull this off? Please get back in touch soon, thanks.
Last edited by Musicmatters on Mon May 18, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Converting voice to midi notes or controlling instruments with voice

Post by NightRadio »

Not yet. But it is planned :)
AutumnCheney

Re: Converting voice to midi notes or controlling instruments with voice

Post by AutumnCheney »

Theoretically, you could do something like this with a lot of Sound2Ctrl modules and Filter Pro modules with extremely narrow bandpass filters, but the sheer amount of modules would make it nearly impossible to create by hand, and I don't think that most devices would have the CPU power necessary to impliment this.

The fact that NightRadio has something like this planned for the future is amazing! I guess that there should be a better way to impliment this idea with code.
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!