Random feature requests for SunVox 1.9.6

AutumnCheney

Random feature requests for SunVox 1.9.6

Post by AutumnCheney »

Hello! I just downloaded the new SunVox update, and I am enjoying it very much! I especially enjoy the fact that I can now reset the Loop module with a simple Note ON command, which allows me to easily generate drum fills!

However, now that the new SunVox update will soon be in development, I have to offer a few random feature ideas that I had in my mind from when I first began using SunVox.

First, a "copy note command to pattern" command. Allow me to explain; this command, when applied to a note command, should take that same note and copy it to a pattern on an equivalent line. It should take a pattern name and track number as inputs XX and YY, respectively.

For example, imagine if I had two patterns, like so:

Pattern 00

LL NNCCMM CCEEXXYY
00 01
00 C58001

Pattern 01

LL NNCCMM CCEEXXYY
00 01

With this command (let's assign it the number 33 for now), I can copy the C5 note from line 00 on track 00 in pattern 00 and paste it to line 00 on track 00 in pattern 01, like so:

LL NNCCMM CCEEXXYY
00 C58001 330100

Pattern 01

LL NNCCMM CCEEXXYY
00 C58001

You may ask, why would I want this? Well, one possible application is recieving notes from an effect 29 command call and pasting them to a subsequent pattern, thus facilitating the creation of randomly generated repeating phrases. This could make randomly generated melodies seem slightly more human.

Another feature request is a wavetable synth module. The way that I imagine this could function is that you can input two or 44100 Hz wave samples, and be able to assign pairs of samples to each other. Then, the module will go to each bit on all of the samples and assign the bit to a number between -128 and 128 based on the bit's amplitude. The module will then interpolate all of these numbers between the two paired samples using a chosen interpolation algorithm and save the interpolation steps. Obviously, the module should have a slider for choosing the interpolation steps.

Lastly, I would like to have some effect command to assign a random value between 0 and XXYY or between XX and YY to the XXYY of another indicated effect command.

These are all of my ideas, and I will be happy to clarify my ideas to anyone who is confused!
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
philipbergwerf

Re: Random feature requests for SunVox 1.9.6

Post by philipbergwerf »

I was really looking for rndm velocity between xx..yy. I know you can do this using multisynth. The wavetable module could be like the waveshaper graph, same system. That way you can freely draw(and use the smooth function) and create customized wavetables using pixi :)