Effects for SUNVOX 1.9.5

NightRadio
Site Admin

Effects for SUNVOX 1.9.5

Post by NightRadio »

If you want to see your own modules (effects, filters) in the new SunVox - please upload the files in this thread (attach it to the message, or provide the links). The most beautiful and original modules will be included in the release.
By uploading you agree that your modules can be used freely (without any restrictions, including commercial works) by any user of the SunVox.

Requirements
  • Optimize your modules! (if possible)
  • Don't use registered trademarks in names.
  • File name format: [ one word for the author nickname ] [ space ] [ effect name ].sunsynth
    Examples:
    NR New Reverb.sunsynth
    cube48 Echo48.sunsynth
    KidLoFi Fat Flanger.sunsynth
Thank you!
Saltbearer

Re: Effects for the new SUNVOX 1.9.5

Post by Saltbearer »

LR Position - I should've submitted this to stock ages ago, but for some reason, I've been self-conscious about simple and endlessly useful things. :|

It's pretty much what it says on the tin: you reposition L and R in stereo, separately - meaning L can be shifted into R, vice versa, both can be hard-panned into the same channel, and anything in-between.

CHECK FURTHER DOWN THE THREAD FOR ONE WITH FINER CONTROL
So_ingMachine LR Position.sunsynth
(9.45 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
LR Squasher - A one-controller modification of the above. L and R meet normally at about the middle, then get panned together in either direction.
So_ingMachine LR Squasher.sunsynth
(15.04 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
LFO Frequency Randomizer - Just a random generator LFO → Sound2Ctl → LFO frequency, plus a bunch of controllers for things like possible frequency range. I made it for one project where I needed several at once and it's come back a few times since.

EDIT: Scroll down if you want LFO Type already exposed.
So_ingMachine LFO Frequency Randomizer.sunsynth
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 578 times
Three attachments? okiedokie
Last edited by Saltbearer on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

Horned Band Filter - Just made it earlier. BP/BR with peaks at the edges rather than the center. Expanded look in topic. (The attachment below has some fluff removed. Dunno about further optimization. Also hope the silly component module names aren't a problem. :v If anything is, it can just be reverted to default.)
So_ingMachine Horned Band Filter.sunsynth
(28.73 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
There's also Slack Panner, but it's broken right now. Seems a Sound2Ctl bug might be the culprit? (Posted under Bugs)

EDIT: That was fixed quickly! Here's that then, improved. Simple L/R hard-panning switch, plus controllers to adjust panning speed, minimum channel volumes, and activation delays for the signals that fade channels in or out.
Update to V4 further down.
So_ingMachine Slack Panner V3.sunsynth
(13.9 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
EDIT 2: Mirrored LR Peaks. Basically a widening EQ. Four pairs of peak filters, L and R are routed into the inverse of the other's peaks.
So_ingMachine Mirrored LR Peaks.sunsynth
(27.44 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
Last edited by Saltbearer on Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

I have 2 new effects modules, a spatial pan, and a fuzz distortion
Pan viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4685
Fuzz viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4687&p=16453#p16453
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

Box o Resonance - Resonator. Chain of 6 high-Q peak filters. Individual frequency/gain sliders, joint Exponential toggle, joint sliders for Frequency Scale and Response.

Example of percussive synth using this and then screwing with the scale: https://instaud.io/2LjS

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4715
So_ing Machine Box o Resonance.sunsynth
(10.84 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
cube48

Post by cube48 »

Thanks for sharing your resonator, Saltbearer! It’s really handy.
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

I'm leaving the old one up, but you should probably include this instead of the other LR Position module:
So_ingMachine LR Fine Position.sunsynth
(10.92 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
I just realized I could change all of the controllers from volume to fine volume + give the positions a response controller. It's a lot smoother now!

I also just gave myself a massive headache trying to add an option to counter the amplitude increase when the channels are moved closer together...

Edit: Went ahead and updated Slack Panner with fine volume.
So_ingMachine Slack Panner V4.sunsynth
(13.91 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Ricciardo

Post by Ricciardo »

Made this 2 modules

the binaural pan can be handy to control the stereo direction and its width
the ping pong delay, its a simple echo module with an lfo shaping its feedback
Attachments
Ping Pong Delay.sunsynth
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
binaural pan.sunsynth
(4.32 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
SYBERIA

Post by SYBERIA »

Tried to make delay that sounds like no other.
Attachments
Feel delay.sunsynth
(22.55 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

Band Delay - Apply stereo delay to a band and/or everything outside of it independently.
So_ingMachine Band Delay.sunsynth
(14.74 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
EDIT: LFO Frequency Randomizer really needed the LFO Type controller to be slapped onto it.
So_ingMachine LFO Frequency Randomizer.sunsynth
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
SYBERIA

Post by SYBERIA »

Updated feel delay. I don't remember if I posted the first version, but anyways now it's less likely to burst your eardrum out.
UPD:
I found first version just couple of posts higher.
Attachments
Feel delay2.sunsynth
(23.09 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
cube48

GlitchVerb

Post by cube48 »

Here's GlitchVerb. It utilizes Reverb's Freeze and Random Seed parameters for glitchy effects with help of short semi-random stereo delay. Just play around with all parameters to check wide spectrum of glitches.

Speed parameters sound best when set to non-equal values - they represent speed values 1-16 lines and can create nice syncopated rhythms. Glitch Phase is meant for arbitrary sync from pattern (set value zero for restart of glitch LFO's). Filter has significant impact on sound as well as standard Reverb parameters.

Enjoy and let me know if you encounter critical flaw ;)
Edit: GlitchVerb file is removed and replaced with slightly improved GlitchMachine in following post.
Last edited by cube48 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cube48

Post by cube48 »

Just a few more effects to celebrate my 100th post, yay.

Envelope Following Filter
Simple yet usefull utility envelope following filter. Filter frequency follows the input signal level. What else to say :)

PolyDistEq
Chain of 8 waveshapers with identical 'big belly' curve and mix-in control (DIST1-8), preceded and interlaced with LP filters (LP 0-8 FRQ). In the begining of the chain is a drive (input volume) and at the end standard L-M-H EQ for final shaping.
You can get just another flavor of distortion with this one.

GlitchMachine
This one replaces my previous GlitchVerb. It's practically GlitchVerb + added pitchshifter to get some granularization for even more edgy glitches.
Attachments
cube48 EnvelopeFollowingFilter.sunsynth
(5.64 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
cube48 PolyDistEQ.sunsynth
(19.54 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
cube48 GlitchMachine.sunsynth
(27.58 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

I was reading about the E-Mu Morphing filters. This effect is not so advanced as to have 14 poles with individual shapes, but it is 3 poles on each side (X & Y) that are tune-able. you can mix back and forth. you can get reed/oboe and harmonica like tones out of it with some tweaking. the "Jitter" is just a slight random lfo set to 1 line, i just set the speed of the multisynth a little slower/faster if i use it.

Have fun!
Attachments
Keres MorphMallow.sunsynth
(15.5 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

This is a simple live audio slicer. you can use it in 2 ways: manual and sequenced. set the tempo of this metamodule to match your project, then you can either sequence the 06 slider (manual method) or you can start and stop the pattern using note on/note off commands (automatic). the switch for "mode" basically switches the internal delays from 2-4-6 steps to 4-8-12 steps. the feedback is just there for kicks... it actually creates a little anti-rhythm but you can play with it however you like. If you would like tighter cut-up times or longer slices, just adjust the tempo of the PorkChop.

have fun!
Attachments
Keres_PorkChop.sunsynth
(14.24 KiB) Downloaded 167 times