SunVox v1.9.2 BETA2

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
NightRadio
Site Admin

SunVox v1.9.2 BETA2

Post by NightRadio »

SunVox 1.9.2 BETA2 is ready for testing!
http://warmplace.ru/soft/beta/sunvox1.9.2.beta2.zip
Available for Windows, Linux (x68, x68_64, arm, arm64), OSX and Windows Mobile.

What is new:

v1.9.2 BETA2 (23 oct 2016):
  • Sampler: new option "Stop recording on project stop";
  • Analog Generator: new waveform "Drawn with spline interpolation";
  • MultiCtl: new controller "OUT offset";
  • new module Velocity2Ctl: converts the velocity parameter of the incoming notes to the controller values (in some another connected module);
  • new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + 4 - unmute all modules;
  • new version of SunVox library for developers;
  • bugs fixed.
v1.9.2 BETA1 (10 oct 2016):
  • Windows (7 and higher): multitouch support;
  • Linux (x86_64 only): multitouch support;
  • Linux: arm64 architecture support (tested on PINE64 64-bit Single Board Computer);
  • Linux: screen rotation support;
  • new module Pitch2Ctl: converts the incoming notes to the controller values (in some another connected module);
  • new project parameter - "Time grid" (number of lines per grid cell);
  • add option "nowin" to the sunvox_config.ini if you want to launch SunVox without the window (pure console mode without UI);
  • Main SunVox Menu: new function "Merge project" (load project over the current);
  • Timeline: target pointer (like in the Module View) has been added; use it to choose where to place the new pattern(s);
  • Timeline: now the file is used for the pattern copy-buffer; so you can paste even after the SunVox restart;
  • Analog Generator: new options "Retain phase" (don't reset the phase) and "Random phase";
  • Analog Generator: new options "Filter frequency = note frequency" and "Velocity-dependent filter resonance"; see the analog_gen4 and analog_gen5 examples;
  • MultiSynth: new button "Set" (set exact values of the curve);
  • Vibrato: new controller "Exponential amplitude";
  • Kicker: sine waveform has been added;
  • LFO: random (noise) waveform has been added;
  • Loop: new controller "Mode" (normal/ping-pong loop playback); see the loop2 example;
  • MetaModule: optimized interface + default user controller names;
  • improved MIDI Import and Export: channel/program/bank/controller support; new timing algorithm;
  • ability to switch between the text fields using the TAB/SHIFT+TAB keys;
  • new oscilloscope mode (module visualizer) - XY (X = left channel; Y = right channel);
  • now all notes are visible on the musical keyboard: expand it up to see the full range;
  • Module View (Routing): new function "Find" (find a module by name);
  • Pattern Editor: improved hints;
  • Pattern Editor: click on some event (note or some other command) and the corresponding module will be highlighted;
  • Pattern Properties: new buttons "Shrink /2" and "Expand *2" has been added;
  • Preferences -> Main: new option "Make project backup before the first overwrite";
  • Preferences -> Timeline: new option "Show line numbers from ...";
  • Preferences -> Timeline: new option "Grid cell size";
  • Preferences -> Interface: new option "Double click time" (in ms);
  • Preferences -> Interface -> Scale: new parameter "Font scale";
  • new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + 1 - toggle mute (module);
  • new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + 2 - toggle solo (module);
  • new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + 3 - toggle bypass (module);
  • new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + F - find a module;
  • new instruments and effects;
  • new simple project examples: analog_gen4, analog_gen5, dubstep, loop2, pitch2ctl ***;
  • new song examples: Quantum Countdown, PalmSounds10;
  • bugs fixed.
queries

Re: SunVox v1.9.2 BETA1

Post by queries »

Fantastic list of new features!

Do you have plans to release beta versions of the DLLs?
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

NightRadio wrote:
  • new module Pitch2Ctl: converts the incoming notes to the controller values (in some another connected module);
  • new project parameter - "Time grid" (number of lines per grid cell);
  • Analog Generator: new options "Retain phase" (don't reset the phase) and "Random phase";
  • Analog Generator: new options "Filter frequency = note frequency" and "Velocity-dependent filter resonance"; see the analog_gen4 and analog_gen5 examples;
  • MultiSynth: new button "Set" (set exact values of the curve);
  • Vibrato: new controller "Exponential amplitude";
  • Kicker: sine waveform has been added;
  • LFO: random (noise) waveform has been added;
  • Loop: new controller "Mode" (normal/ping-pong loop playback); see the loop2 example;
  • MetaModule: optimized interface + default user controller names;
  • improved MIDI Import and Export: channel/program/bank/controller support; new timing algorithm;
  • Module View (Routing): new function "Find" (find a module by name);
Fabulous! I like all the features, but the ones listed here are big jumps.

Thanks a million, NightRadio!
Madrayken

Post by Madrayken »

Awesome. Looking forward to it!
zeffii

Post by zeffii »

yeah! win64 dll please :)
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

Thanks so much for the effort and time taken to create and continue to develop such a wonderful program!
sunvox sounds like crytallized stalagtites or something I love the clarity plus the touch interface and sequencer is way ahead of the pack.
works nice with my controllers too on windows 10, i used ASIO4ALL, no latency. sweet
queries

Post by queries »

Alternate download location for the beta: https://github.com/warmplace/sunvox/arc ... .beta1.zip

(I'm now maintaining a mirror of the SunVox distributions on Github.)
cube48

Post by cube48 »

Thanks for all the work! Looking forward to test the multitouch.
cube48

Post by cube48 »

Multitouch works great. Up to 5 fingers, then I get some stuck notes but it might be limitation of my hardware although the Toshiba convertible I use should handle up to 10 fingers. 5 fingers is more than enough, it's the module view where it benefits the most and only two fingers are needed. I've tested it also on Gole1 and multitouch simply works.

Pitch2Ctl - it's a neat module, handy for key-tracking any parameter. There seems to be a little bug though, Pitch2Ctl sends the controls even when muted.

Again, thanks for all the improvements!

Edit: How is XY oscilloscope different from Stereo Phase Scope? I couldn't find any significant difference between the two.
Edit2: How one can create a sample like vector_gfx.wav which is used in the Palm Sounds 10 example? Pixilang or any other tool? Thanks!
Edit3: :-D Studying the Palm Sounds 10 example I can now see the difference between XY and Stereo Phase Scopes.
dolflou032

Post by dolflou032 »

cube48 wrote:Multitouch works great. Up to 5 fingers, then I get some stuck notes but it might be limitation of my hardware although the Toshiba convertible I use should handle up to 10 fingers. 5 fingers is more than enough, it's the module view where it benefits the most and only two fingers are needed. I've tested it also on Gole1 and multitouch simply works.

Pitch2Ctl - it's a neat module, handy for key-tracking any parameter. There seems to be a little bug though, Pitch2Ctl sends the controls even when muted.

Again, thanks for all the improvements!

Edit: How is XY oscilloscope different from Stereo Phase Scope? I couldn't find any significant difference between the two.
Edit2: How one can create a sample like vector_gfx.wav which is used in the Palm Sounds 10 example? Pixilang or any other tool? Thanks!
Edit3: :-D Studying the Palm Sounds 10 example I can now see the difference between XY and Stereo Phase Scopes.

have you searched on google ?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
http://dalpix.com/blog/oscilloscope-drawing-everyone

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rabisc ... p/download
:Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: SUNVOX IS AWESOME !!!! :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:
cube48

Post by cube48 »

Thanks for the links. I've got some other search results, more theoretical. But I can imagine Alex is doing his magic with his own tools. That's why I asked.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

There seems to be a little bug though, Pitch2Ctl sends the controls even when muted.
Will be fixed. Thank you :)
XY is true XY oscilloscope mode :) Stereo Phase Scope is slightly rotated (and mirrored) version for better stereo phase monitoring.
Here is the pixilang program, which i use for the XY sample generation:
Attachments
vector_gfx_to_audio.zip
(869 Bytes) Downloaded 309 times
AJHunter

Post by AJHunter »

setting the number of semitones in the pitch2ctl to zero crashes sunvox for me on windows at least. haven't tried on linux yet

this has lots of exciting new features, and I'm using as many as I can in a new song thing. love your software :good:
dolflou032

Post by dolflou032 »

hey nightradio i'm working to make something like a auto-tune or kind of complex vocoder :

so please can you add a module like FreqToCtl : a module that will detect the peaking frenquency and map it as a var to output them ... :Yahoo!:
and so have settings in the module like minFreq,maxFreq and peakSensivity and also (if you have time) a togglable option that jumpToNote (jump up or down to nearest note from the peaking freq)
THX :Yahoo!:

[And[/i] to make arpeggios easier pls make that the "Delay" module can delay any signals MOSTLY the multiSynth module or just a module that's called signalDelayer :D
THX

And some kind of var manipulation like add/substract/multiply/divide/iterate/exponents(just basic math because we can build anything with basics :D ) ? and counting ? like you want to count how much you had triggerred a note and so a "counting module' for example output a simple "tick" or continuous signal to toggle some parameters from it
THX

and so thoses ones are more for "live performance" talking about it, it will be amazing to have a "live mode" (like main menu -> live mode ON/OFF) :
A thing like the performance mode in fl-studio -->
https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... rmance.htm
or
https://www.google.be/webhp?sourceid=ch ... +studio+12

multiple keyboards like tey're mapped to a specific module or a JumpToNote and module mapping (like enter the module id) option into the touchTeremin

==========================================================================================================================

and last thing can you pls add a multi selection to re-arrange module faster and also multi connection option :

a bit like i select my generator and i want that it output to 20 filters or something other and so i open the routing menu and i press on multi-selection option and so we have to toggle what modules by tapping on them or simply with a selection rectangle like in pattern editor by example
and exactly same for multi-selection that permit to for example take 10 or more modules and cut (by example in a metamodule) them or displace them or copy them

so i hope thoses features will be in the next updates

(i know it will take so long to add all theses as the 1.9.2 is already a huge one)

thx for this amazing software,
dolflou032.
:Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: SUNVOX IS AWESOME !!!! :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:
iaon

Post by iaon »

Wahey, lots of great additions!

Maybe another keyboard shortcut for 'Unmute all'?