Soundcloud removing Groups August 22

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
SawZer

Soundcloud removing Groups August 22

Post by SawZer »

Groups are being removed August 22nd

As well as adding new features, we review existing features to see if they’re still beneficial to the community.

As we dug into the best ways for creators to share their work and connect with others, we found that Groups aren't working as well as reposts, curated playlists, and messages.

With that in mind, we will remove Groups on Monday, August 22nd to make room for future updates.

Until then, you can collect, like or repost the content you would like to save, and connect with your fellow Group members.

If you are a Group moderator, we suggest using a profile to curate. You can use Reposts and Playlists to share suitable tracks, and accept submissions via Messages.
Groups worked just fine before the stupid Soundcloud next bs they did a while ago. They could have easily fixed the problems they had, but they chose not to.

NightRadio, with the beloved Sunvox group getting taken down, will you create a content curation account as suggested by Soundcloud. I'd really hate to see the Soundcloud Sunvox community lost forever.
purelygrey

Re: Soundcloud removing Groups August 22

Post by purelygrey »

Since it's the only option it must be made! But to be honest I think curation account is better than the group. Tracks from the group don't pop up in the feed and scummy people send a lot of their unrelevant garbage to the group if it is unmoderated.

I'm willing to help with moderation if it's problematic for NightRadio.
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

Yep, screw making actual improvements, just chop off the features apparently no one else realizes are useful and call it streamlining the user experience just like every other major website has done for the last decade. Heheh. Heh. o°) Upcoming YouTube update: You don't get to do anything but watch a playlist of staff-curated videos. IT'S SO SIMPLE!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Really strange decision to remove the groups... :(
However, here is the alternative: https://soundcloud.com/sunvox - SoundCloud account for the SunVox music.
Thanks to Purely Grey! He is the maintainer and moderator of this account. Just send your tracks through messages, and don't forget to mark it with #SunVox hashtag.
The "best of the month" playlists will be released by me as before.
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

Thanks for the quick response guys :) Glad to see that the Sunvox on Soundcloud community will continue.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Weird that SC would remove Groups when there's so many groups out there that are reliably contributed to. Then again, I guess it makes sense seeing as how SC didn't really promote searching / utilizing Groups as much as they could've. A weekly / monthly Group spotlight might've been a good idea for them.

Anyway, glad to see a solution arise!

EDIT: Oh, it might be good to post something in the Groups (a sound, perhaps) stating where to go to follow Sunvox music.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Best tracks of July will be released with a slight delay, due to my vacation... :pardon: