SunVox icon for Ubuntu?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
jbw

SunVox icon for Ubuntu?

Post by jbw »

I downloaded SunVox to run on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 and when I run it there is no icon in the launcher (area on the left of the screen) just a question mark indicating no icon. I tried adding an icon to SunVox in the folder where it is located, and it appears there, but won't show up in the launcher.

Not that big of a deal obviously, but still would like to be able to see an icon when running SunVox. Any help is appreciated.
jbw

Re: SunVox icon for Ubuntu?

Post by jbw »

I've installed a few other programs. It appears that if a program is from the Ubuntu Software Center it will fully install and come complete with an icon, but if a program is taken from the web then no icon shows up. So it's not just SunVox that is doing this.

Ever consider submitting SunVox to Ubuntu's Software Center? Not just for this very minor issue, but also to make it "official" and perhaps even get more people using it.

Here is their developer portal:

http://developer.ubuntu.com/en/publish/
jbw

Post by jbw »

Looks like you can even sell stuff from that Ubuntu software center. At least I think so, as I'm seeing a few things there with prices on them.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Yo, sup. I'm trying to use Linux now, so I wish this was there, too, but it's OK; you can install something like Cairo-dock and add a Launcher, and then give whatever icon you want to it.

EDIT: Somebody else put up a version of the iOS icon for those who want it.

EDIT 2: Here's my attempt at emulating the Numix style to make a custom circle icon.