[NOT AN ISSUE] Cloned pattern sounds louder

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Devvy

[NOT AN ISSUE] Cloned pattern sounds louder

Post by Devvy »

I am quite new to Sunvox, so maybe I am missing something obvious. Please use the attached sunvox project.
There is one pattern, cloned three times - so a total of four.
The second and third instance of the pattern sound louder than the first and the last. If I would move the patterns around, this changes too; so somehow the loudness is linked to the particular instance of the pattern.

If I look closely, I can see a graphical difference between the 'soft' and 'loud' versions of the pattern; the softer ones have a slightly thicker top and bottom border.

I could not find a setting that influences this; so can anyone tell me what is going on??? Thanks!
Attachments
amplitudeissue.sunvox
(10.5 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
Last edited by Devvy on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka Scorpionfly
Devvy

Re: Cloned pattern sounds louder

Post by Devvy »

Guess what - I found the issue myself. Multiple instances of the same pattern where stacked on top of each other in some places; so the sound would be doubled.

Need to be careful next time....
aka Scorpionfly
SolarLune

Re: [NOT AN ISSUE] Cloned pattern sounds louder

Post by SolarLune »

Haha, yeah, I've been there, too.
Darkhog

Re: [NOT AN ISSUE] Cloned pattern sounds louder

Post by Darkhog »

Perhaps NightRadio should develop basic collision detection for patterns in the timeline so they can't be on top of each other, only next to each other (whether horizontally or vertically). This would make for clearer projects and less issues similar to this one.

Or develop some basic "track" management similar to one found commonly in non-linear video editors such as KDEnlive, Camtasia Studio, Sony Vegas and so on.