Live Multi-track Recording?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
SolarLune

Live Multi-track Recording?

Post by SolarLune »

Hey, there. I was wondering, NightRadio, if it's possible to add live multi-track / sampler recording into Sunvox?

Currently, it seems like there's not very many apps at all that can do this, regardless of their type - it's a fairly rare feature!

Since Sunvox can currently handle recording from a single sound device, would it be possible at all to enable it to record from multiple available devices (one from a microphone, another from a soundcard, etc)? GUI-wise, it would just involve pushing the microphone input selector from the settings menu to the Input module. I'm sure it'd be a ton of work to do under the hood, if it's even possible. Anyway, I just wanted to know if it was possible! It'd really help out YouTubers and people who want to record live audio, like me, haha.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Live Multi-track Recording?

Post by NightRadio »

I hope it will be possible in future updates :)
Currently there are some technical limitations of the SunVox engine...
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Ah, so it's not currently possible, but could be in the future. I see. Thanks for the reply!
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

kind of related to what solarlune is saying here kind of different...

It would be extra sweet to use a future sunvox version with "add samples directly into the timeline" ...

But also to be able to record and overdub live instruments (such as guitar or internal sunvox instruments played live) directly into the timeline, setting it up so that there is a metronome count in and the recording always fits into a predefined pattern length which loops back round if an overdub is necessary..

like cubasis and other DAWs...but I fear that it would eat too much RAM

Android would have to sort out the latency problem first anyway.

Sunvox forever!!!