Save Error and Copy Error [1.7.5]

Found a bug? Post it here.
smus

Save Error and Copy Error [1.7.5]

Post by smus »

I updated my SunVox version 1.7.4b which worked properly to version 1.7.5.

I was expecting it to work like fine but when I tried to copy a module, it says "Copy Error." So I had to painstakingly make a same module.

Then when I tried to save the song to finish later, the another message box appears saying "Save Error."

I can't save any of my work to finish later or just to keep it.

I tried reinstalling SunVox but the problem keeps surfacing.

I'm not sure if there are more errors like exporting to a WAV file or anything like that but I didn't try that.

Is there any way to fix this?

My Current OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Save Error and Copy Error [1.7.5]

Post by NightRadio »

Can you confirm that your song folder is not readonly?
Also please try to save the song to some another folder or another disk
smus

Post by smus »

The Read Only box in folder properties is a box but not a tick. From what I learned, the square means it is in neutral state and is not read only but a tick means it is read only.

Unchecking it and clicking OK will cause the read only box to be filled again.

I can't save anywhere else in my computer due to having ALL of the other folders in my computer to have Read Only filled with the box in my main hard disk and the others.
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

Where (specifically) is your song folder located? Are you attempting to uncheck the box as an administrator or as another user? I just want to make sure you have the necessary permissions to change it from read only.

Also, how did you install 1.7.5? Did you overwrite the files from 1.7.4b? I usually unpack the new version and give it it's own folder, I'm just curious if you did something different.
smus

Post by smus »

The Handle wrote:Where (specifically) is your song folder located? Are you attempting to uncheck the box as an administrator or as another user? I just want to make sure you have the necessary permissions to change it from read only.

Also, how did you install 1.7.5? Did you overwrite the files from 1.7.4b? I usually unpack the new version and give it it's own folder, I'm just curious if you did something different.
The song folder is in my SunVox folder but I can't save anywhere else outside or inside the main SunVox folder. My user account has administrator privilleges and I did overwrite 1.7.4b.

I also have dual boot to Linux and I tried SunVox on Linux and it worked fine. No Saving and Copying Issues.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Sorry for delay with answer...
Please try to downgrade it back to 1.7.4b: http://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox-1.7.4b.zip
The old one is works fine now?