Pixivisor - cannot change input

Pixilang programming language
ouxh

Pixivisor - cannot change input

Post by ouxh »

macbook pro mid 2014 15", macOS Catalina ver. 10.15.4.

Hi,

Was looking at using this app to generate some sound/visuals for a personal project. I wanted to be able to feed the transmitter signal from my iPhone directly into the input of my soundcard (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2).

That much works fine, I can see signal coming through on the meters on the soundcard itself, as well as input showing on the Sound/Input settings of my macbook pro settings. I can also get the signal to run through my DAW fine (Bitwig).

I cannot seem to select a different audio input on pixivisor though. clicking on the Input = Auto does nothing. I tried as well with soundflower but couldn't get anywhere unfortunately.

In the past I have had this working, I briefly played around with it on my old macbook pro and though I would come back and utilise this app properly once I had figured a way to do so.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Will
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Pixivisor - cannot change input

Post by NightRadio »

I cannot seem to select a different audio input on pixivisor though.
Unfortunately you can't change audio input/output from the app :(
And it's the same in both macOS and iOS versions.
Only two ways are possible, as far as I know.
1) Change system-wide input/output in macOS settings.
2) Use soundflower.
ouxh

Post by ouxh »

actually I resolved this partially - exiting and relaunching the app a few times eventually got it to work. Still can't get it to see soundflower though :/
ouxh

Post by ouxh »

(btw I love this app and can't wait t play with the others! thanks for making these available :) )