Pixilang 3.7

Pixilang programming language
NightRadio
Site Admin

Pixilang 3.7

Post by NightRadio »

Pixilang programming language has been updated to version 3.7!
http://warmplace.ru/soft/pixilang

What is new:
  • iOS: user files are now available through the Files app;
  • iOS: partial USB/Bluetooth keyboard support (no key release, no Home/End, no F1/F2/...);
  • 64-bit Windows support (x86_64);
  • Linux (OpenGL), macOS, Windows (OpenGL): interface rotation support (in the global Pixilang preferences, or in the config file) has been added;
  • Android (4.0 and higher): System Settings -> Interface: new option "Hide system bars" for true fullscreen mode;
  • new built-in global variables: WINDOW_SAFE_AREA_X, WINDOW_SAFE_AREA_Y, WINDOW_SAFE_AREA_W, WINDOW_SAFE_AREA_H;
  • new function - get_audio_sample_rate( source ); source = 0 for the local sample rate; source = 1 for the global (from Preferences) sample rate;
  • now gl_uniform() can change the contents of arrays if you use this function as follows: gl_uniform( var_location, src_container, vector_size, first_vector, count ), where count is the number of vectors to write to the array;
  • two optional parameters (sfactor_alpha, dfactor_alpha) were added to gl_blend_func(); use them if you need an analog of function glBlendFuncSeparate() (from the std. OpenGL API);
  • new OpenGL functions for querying GL state: gl_get_int( value ) and gl_get_float( value ) (based on glGetIntegerv() and glGetFloatv());
  • new OpenGL function gl_bind_texture( cont, texture_unit ) for binding the container to the specified texture image unit; see example shader_multitexture;
  • new OpenGL constants for the gl_get_int(): GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE, GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS, GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_VECTORS, GL_MAX_VARYING_VECTORS, GL_MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS, GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS, GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_VECTORS;
  • lists of the recent files and folders have been added to the file browser; you can disable it in the Preferences -> Interface;
  • new keyboard shortcut in the file browser: BACKSPACE or LEFT - go to the parent directory;
  • new graphics examples: camera_accum, math_phase, fonts;
  • new OpenGL examples: shader_multitexture, shader_vector_array, shaders4, shaders5, shaders6, shaders7, state;
  • new sound example: looper, expression_synth;
  • pixilang_config.ini: denorm 0/1 - disable/enable denormal numbers; DON'T use this if you don't know what it is :)
  • many examples have been updated;
  • bug fixes.
Rondobotic

Re: Pixilang 3.7

Post by Rondobotic »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I am having trouble locating information on how to play around with pixilang on ios devices?

Do I need to somehow compile Pixilang (is that the correct term) from inside the iOS device?

I ask as recent editions have iOS support however I cant find on appstore ,and also read why I couldnt in this forum.

HELP

I really want to learn this Pixilang! intrigues me so much.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

how to play around with pixilang on ios devices?
There is no Pixilang in appstore now. You will have to compile it yourself using XCode :)
Project folder is here: pixilang/sources/pixilang3/make/ios_project
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

Thanks NR!