Palm Crash...

Pixilang programming language
hseiken

Palm Crash...

Post by hseiken »

I'm using 1.6 on a Tungsten T3 and I used to use this combination quite often with no problems. However, when I resurrected the Palm Pilot, Pixilang crashes on every 2nd run. Has anyone had this problem and if so, what did you do to fix it?

I don't think anyone uses Palm today, but I'm posting this here in hopes someone maybe had this happen a while back and remembers what they did to fix it. Thanks for any help in advance.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Palm Crash...

Post by NightRadio »

hm... "Palm Pilot" with DragonBall CPU? :)
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

It's a T3. I dunno what it has but according to these specs, it has an Intel XScale (i.e. PXA).

I've run Pixilang on this system before with no crashes (other than ones where I did some wonky coding) in this manner. I run it once fine. I close it. I run it again, OS crashes. It makes working on it a little bit annoying. It's still workable, but it's just confusing.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Sorry, but this version is too old... Pixilang 1.6 from 2008 i mean.
So i can't say what's wrong there.
Try to check the local storage (not SD card). If Pixilang exists there - delete it, and run it from SD card again.
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

That might be my problem; it's installed to the system and not SD card. I'll run it from the card. Thanks!
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

I just got a Tungsten C and am running Pixilang off the card and it doesn't crash at all. :D Yay! Now I have a keyboard with it! :D