.so files anyone? #android #NDK

Pixilang programming language
leondustar

.so files anyone? #android #NDK

Post by leondustar »

Hi,

I just started fiddling with the pixilang source-folder from the zip, in particular the `android_project`-folder, it went quite ok! :)
After a bit of work, i got it compiled with android SDK, gradle & NDK.
The linking stage however, is where i got stuck:

Code: Select all

....bin/ld: cannot find -ltr
....bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
....bin/ld: cannot find -lSDL
It seems i need to manually compile its dependencies as well..right?
Since my goal is to simply bake a standalone pixilang android-app, I have 3 questions:

1. do i only need the pixilang.so android-files for gradle to build the apk?
2. is there a place where i can simply download the pre-built .so-files like pixilang.so or sunvox.so for all architectures?
3. if not, can somebody upload the android ones here?

That would save me a lot of time, since they don't really change very often, and my goal is to use it as a drop-in library/startingpoint.
It would be awesome to easily build an android app by just linking the library, and spending most of my time writing actual pixilang code.

Hope all is well, and may the pixilang be with you!

Leon
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: .so files anyone? #android #NDK

Post by NightRadio »

I just started fiddling with the pixilang source-folder from the zip, in particular the `android_project`-folder, it went quite ok! :)
After a bit of work, i got it compiled with android SDK, gradle & NDK.
Please use this script for the Pixilang .so compiling: pixilang/sources/pixilang3/make/MAKE_ANDROID
But before this, open pixilang/sources/lib_sundog/sundog_makefile.inc and change the NDK, SYSROOT and CC variables to correct NDK location. (lines 63, 64, 85, 92, 98).

....bin/ld: cannot find -ltr
....bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
....bin/ld: cannot find -lSDL
I don't use these libraries (asound, SDL) for Android at all. Probably you get it because you use your own compilation script instead of MAKE_ANDROID.

1. do i only need the pixilang.so android-files for gradle to build the apk?
1) pixilang.so
2) files and hash files in this dir: android_project/app/src/main/res/raw
Where files is just the ZIP archive with some resources, that will be unpacked during the app launch. Now you can see the pixilang examples in this file. But for your own purposes you can put the boot.pixi file to this archive. boot.pixi will be launched automatically.
The hash contains some checksum or version (or some text garbage) of the files. You need to change it each time the file files changes.

2. is there a place where i can simply download the pre-built .so-files like pixilang.so or sunvox.so for all architectures?
SunVox: http://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox_lib-1.9.3.zip
Pixilang: http://warmplace.ru/soft/pixilang/pixilang3.6.zip (i just updated it, so now you can find all the .so files in pixilang3/make/android_project/app/src/main/jniLibs)

Pixilang sources for Android are not yet user friendly, due to the lack of my free time... But i'm working on it :)
leondustar

Re: .so files anyone? #android #NDK

Post by leondustar »

Thanks for the reply, I will have a second look at this.
I totally understand that you're doing this in your freetime, and I'm very thankful for that.
Btw. interestingly, i was running ./MAKE_ANDROID on my ubuntu, and i already edited the makefile in the sundog lib.

Code: Select all

$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS \n \l
I can imagine something else going on here, which might be related to my system/environment.
Good to hear i don't need those libs.
I will keep you posted!