New to making music, looking for honest critique/criticism/advice

Share your music here
vrav

New to making music, looking for honest critique/criticism/advice

Post by vrav »

Hi, I recently started trying to learn music theory and piano playing in earnest. I make almost all of my music in SunVox on my phone (though I have used the raspberry pi and desktop too, and chromebook). I have tried sharing it on twitter etc, but literally nothing comes back. I showed it to a musician friend and he said "it's interesting to hear what's in people's heads," I don't really know what he means, but it sounds like he's saying it's obvious I don't know any music theory.

I'm trying as I go along, hopefully getting better gradually, but really have no idea where I'm at, or where to go other than watching random lessons on YouTube. I do notice I'm listening to music more intently and trying to learn from it, but things don't come naturally to me so I have to file everything away logically before I can apply it. I think my music does sound forced.

https://soundcloud.com/vrav

Any feedback is super welcome, I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. Some of the tracks are at a bad volume and a number of them on there are really old; the more recent stuff is mostly what I'm hoping for feedback on.

Please guide me! I'm a blank slate!