Arguru Aodix...

Littlewoodg

Re: Arguru Aodix...

Post by Littlewoodg »

@WaxingAndWaning
The Oscillasoft stuff is great...I found a bundle of 5 of their synths...the one called "Fact" I'm hunting for still, sf2 loading with oscillators too, sounds like a smart setup.
And dusted off the toshiba, reset it and put Aodix on it. Wish Sunvox loaded as VST, or loaded VSTs!
Keep me posted on projects and tracks, amigo.
WaxingAndWaning

Post by WaxingAndWaning »

Littlewoodg-
So you have bundle 1 or bundle 2 of oscillasoft plugs? I can send you the other. These firmly classify as abandonware (Like Ioneo Aero Studio as Well) so I don't see the prob with others using. There is NOTHING LIKE THEM for lots of sound with NO CPU-RAM USAGE. Plugin developer classes should be taught using those things. You know the Dev also had a DAW that started out as Delta SP, then became Oscillastation, then was released as the freeware DAW called Macaw. It's not too bad as Macaw as the plugin scanning got better. It is machine-view with piano roll & emphasis on using soundfonts. Not as good a code as their plugins. If you would like Macaw to check out I can add it in as well...it's freeware anyway but not easy to find anymore.
I certainly wish SunVox would host plugins as well...I used to use SunVox but got tired of using the internal modules & XI instruments. I have made a bunch as youve probably seen my XI Modules thread here in the SunVox section. Don't like the way SunVox loads many of them...Good for an octave or two max then sound like shit. Stopped using SunVox altogether even though it's the prettiest DAW to watch whilst running...All those mudules lighting up. If the dev could reconfigure the sampler to load multi-velocity soundfonts or SFZ, I'd be back in. Too much emphasis on new internal modules probably because of the many platforms nature. Hey my only other tune on soundcloud was done in SunVox-

https://soundcloud.com/waxing-and-wanin ... is-highway

You've already heard the other one. Hey! whats the model of your toshiba? Mine's an old satellite that was being sold in 2005...It's a A85-S107. Not very powerful but what a rock-solid dependable machine.
Tried all the UGO plugs last night (VSTi) No Go. Too bad as they are mostly nice sounding. Really like String Theory & REZ3 but too much CPU which will probably be a synthedit issue.
Littlewoodg

Post by Littlewoodg »

@WaxingAndWaning
I have the second bundle (with Akoustik, Organizer etc)...First Bundle has Ultimate, Fact, Ventura, etc? It would be very cool to try those, amigo!
There's really nothing out there that sips as little cpu as these Oscillasoft gems it seems. I was impressed with DaHornet, but Modelonia is hungrier...ill keep looking. Pads mmmm.

I like the Sunvox track a lot...something about the guitar style patch really transports me back to a teenage time, the track spans eras somehow. Liked the graphic too, really fits the space of the track.
Two elegant sampler options that Sunvox does offer, xi and ogg...xi stuff can be found on the net, and converted from xrni as well, but I'm guessing you know about this. The xrni to xi hookup is right here in the forum viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2631

This one link to the xi archive, not sure if it's current
Torrent.zip: http://www.musicalandroid.com/uploads/1 ... ip.torrent

My Toshiba is a Satellite too, bought it reconditioned via groupon, ran Windows 8 when I got it so it's not super old...
Last edited by Littlewoodg on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaxingAndWaning

Littlewoodg-

Hey, you should occasionally look at vetusware.com for old abandonware as some pops up there from time to time.
Last edited by WaxingAndWaning on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Littlewoodg

Post by Littlewoodg »

Wow these are some goodies, curious to try the Aero daw!
Xmas in April! Many thanks...the Unviversal synth is pretty amazing.
I cruised KVR forum re: cpu light synths, was reminded how light the Tone2 stuff can be, also FM8, fm stuff in general, also Humaniid sound systems old Scanned Synth.
WaxingAndWaning

Littlewoodg-
Welcome, welcome...Just figured 'when in rome' & started tossing things in the folder. I have been trying for ages to get someone to 'fix' the Ultrano Dreamer Demo, no luck. Have been gathering tools & know how to tackle myself as it is fully functional, just save disabled. This dev has been gone for like a decade...too bad really.
You may like Aero Studio...I do but it is a quirky odd duck...be sure to read my tips info. Like MTS & Aodix it is a VST 'lister' not a 'scanner'. I like it because it is tracker & piano roll & also the piano roll has linear listed snap like 1/2 - 1/3 - 1/4 - 1/5 - 1/6. I like to change up or down while scoring notes to get 'rolling riffs'. Did a bit of that in the syth part in Apache Swagger. Once you get going in Aero Studio it has great workflow. There is an alternate gold skinset in the app dir...have not given it a try yet though.
I think I have enough synth options now...Been trying out drum modules, what a joke. Even tried old, old battery verion 1 which loaded at no RAM but load a kit & it pops to 50-80 MB RAM. So tried Drumsynths...No go either till I tried good OLD OLD Waldorf Attack 1.0...Sounds good, uses nothing for resources. I may also utilize say Ugo Ironhead for a more bizarre percussive experience, if the tune calls for it but at a much higher resource cost. For say Bass or Brass or such may just try Oscillasoft Xfact or Fiction with a soundfont.
One thing I found is that digging around for OLD OLD versions can be the best resource. Just to touch base with what I have found to be the best of the LOW CPU AND-OR RAM PLUGS...so far-

Tested in Aodix-

Oscillasoft - ALL PLUGS
NUSofting - MOST PLUGS (Aodix cannot find Sinnah on file reopen)
Absynth VERSION 3
Linplug Octopus
Z3TA+ (RGC version 1.xx Cakewalks 2.xx uses too much)
ScannedSynth
ReFX Slayer 2 (Yes, my friend)
Steinberg Hypersonic 2 (Rompler - Good Keys & Basses)
TerraTec Komplexer (SUPER but borderline CPU-RAM)

And hope to add Waldorf Attack - haven't tested inside Aodix yet, only VSThost.

So friend...If I can't make tunes with those I must be a moron. I suppose as I go on I will be testing many more but I could see where the 'testing could become the hobby'. I suppose the testing of VST EFFECTS will be next and I highly suspect the OLDER the BETTER for resource purposes...I usually just use simple stuff anyway, Compressor, Auto-Pan, ETC.

OK - Post Edit-
Tried Waldorf Attack in Aodix...Damn, would not find the plug from a saved song file! Hate to say it but as much as I like Aodix I may have to use another of the 'Lite DAWs' to finish this experiment. Many of my favs fail in Aodix cause it cannot recall them from a saved song file
Littlewoodg

Post by Littlewoodg »

@WaxingAndWaning
Here is one incredibly low cpu synth I forgot about, Tunefish 4: https://www.tunefish-synth.com/?action=download for drum modules maybe old odo http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... ack&id=167
WaxingAndWaning

Littlewoodg-
Yeah, I've tried a BUNCH of freeware but usually run into that synthedit thing. I have tried the Dr-Fusion 2 for drums but same deal as the others. It was actually one of the worst using about 70 MB RAM just opening up with a minimal kit. No big as the Waldorf Attack is very light.
Hopefully your foray into testing is going well. If you're like me you have a very big reject list. I do have many other plugs that work well but do not qualify as low-resource.
WaxingAndWaning

Hey Littlewoodg - How long have you been using Renoise? Do you have any older manuals? I am looking for a manual/quick start for 1.9.0. So either a 1.8.0 or a 1.9.0 manual would do...tienes?
Littlewoodg

Post by Littlewoodg »

@WaxingAndWaning
Started on Renoise right before 2.8...
Hey did you check out Tunefish 4?
WaxingAndWaning

Littlewoodg-
Yes, I checked out Tunefish4 it qualifies for sure as low CPU--RAM...BUTT! there is one problem as pertains to MultiTrackStudio...The plugin GUI is so damn big that the settings panel on the right side won't even show...the one for opening or saving patches. Wish they had a small GUI version. Might try V3 or even V2 to see if they have a smaller GUI.
Started my tune in MTS...So far ReFX Slayer for guitar & bass, Waldorf attack for drums, AlgoMusic M42 for pads-fills. Hovering around 50 MB RAM & 40-50% CPU on the old old toshiba.
Littlewoodg

Post by Littlewoodg »

@WaxingAndWaning
Yes Tunefish 4 is very generous with that interface...once RAM and CPU are sorted out there's still GUI...the struggle continues to get all the acronyms in line, :)

I really like the M42 (and the M51 too!)
WaxingAndWaning

Littlewoodg-
Hello again...Yes Tunefish is great, just not for MTS. Have not tested in Aodix to see if it will be 'recalled' upon loading song file.
Tried Homegrown Sounds Astralis BabyBion which is at version 2 now....great sound but a bit large on the RAM hit. They have some other good freebies there too, I like their phase shifter & soundscaper.
Sometimes I have luck with going for an older version of plug-host for better use of resource. Some months ago I tried out new Reaper 5.xx. Was a dog to get through plugin scan & checking it at an idle after starting showed a whopping 275 MB RAM usage with no tracks or plugs loaded...What a shame. Was on a chinese site & found Reaper 2.55...After a mental check I thought "That seems the right vintage". So I grabbed it installed with MUCH QUICKER PLUGIN SCAN & MUCH MORE PLUGS APPROVED (NEARLY ALL) & IDLES AT 14 MB RAM!!!! That qualifies for our 'Tight Coded DAW' list. Devs are not excited to tell you such details...it's always 'what's new & added features' . Not 'what went into the toilet'. Though I do have to give EnergyXT's Dev credit as he DID post version 1 vs version 2 differences & was quite honest with it.

Check out the site here-
http://www.piaodown.com/down/sort/56_1.htm

There are 50+ pages of plugs & soft from @ 2005-2009. Try blued links at bottom for DL some are dead though especially nearing page 40.
vantjac

Post by vantjac »

Hello WaxingAndWaning, I know this is a very old thread but do you still happen to have those extra Aodix skins? This is the only mention of alternative skins I can find anywhere online, the links appear to be broken and nothing's showing up on Wayback Machine.

Thanks!
WaxingAndWaning

To be honest, I was actually getting ready to do an AIO Arguru posting so this request pushed me into action...

It is posted over at OldSchoolDAW & the Aodix 4.2 attachment has the extra skins you want-

HERE-

http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/inde ... 316.0.html

Thanx for kicking my butt into action.....