Arguru Aodix...

vantjac

Re: Arguru Aodix...

Post by vantjac »

Thank you! So much of this stuff is so hard to find...

I've been working on investigating some of the bugs in Aodix, like the one that stops some VSTs from loading from project files. Found a way to fix that bug with a debugging tool -- I'm hoping to put together a patched version of Aodix.exe with various other bug fixes. I'm making good progress on reverse-engineering the program so fixes can be made without the source code available.

Tracking my progress here if you're interested: https://github.com/vanjac/aodix-repair

Thanks again!
WaxingAndWaning

Post by WaxingAndWaning »

Amazing that somebody is fixing those issues....

I usually just test the VSTs by loading up, making a short tune, saving, reopening...If it works I write the plug down in notebook, good to go. But sometimes a favorite fails...bummer...

Doesn't look like your system would work for me as my plugs (in all machines) are C/Program Files/VSTplugins So that's like 26 spaces...

Keep up the good work there, I have it bookmarked...Also if you ever find Aodix 2.34 I am looking...

I tend to post over at oldschooldaw as I can attach archives so no expiry...

BTW what method do you use to turn the RAW output to a WAV? Like it says? I got frustrated so I just used a WAV recorder right before the output pins...That made it easy...

This is the only thing I completed in Aodix 4.2 & just the intro...Used joystick to create pitch bends in bass harmonics....

https://alonetone.com/TalkOrBell/tracks ... intro-only

Thanx!!!!!!!
vantjac

Post by vantjac »

The 33 character rule is just for repairing old corrupted files. The idea with my patch is stop files from being corrupted in the first place, and that should work no matter your VST paths.

I've got the fix working at this point, the plugins that used to break seem to load/save/reload perfectly now. It's just pretty complicated to set up at the moment. I'm hoping to turn it into a drop-in replacement for Aodix.exe -- no setup required. I'll update you if I figure it out!
BTW what method do you use to turn the RAW output to a WAV? Like it says? I got frustrated so I just used a WAV recorder right before the output pins...That made it easy...
I've been using Audacity for that, it can import RAW files. For Aodix make sure to set the format to 32-bit float or you'll just get noise.

Thanks for sharing that track too! Love to hear what can be done with Aodix, I'm still exploring it myself.
WaxingAndWaning

OK, THAT is what I did wrong...Not setting to 32bit float as all I got was noise....

Sounds like you are on top of the AODIX issues many thanks vantjac!...

Soon I'm gonna update my stubby mixer collection & post over at oldschooldaw...The mixers are great for Aodix, Aero Studio, Oscillastation-Macaw and others that have machine view hook-ups but no mixers other than their own wire-cable sliders....
vantjac

Post by vantjac »

Well I have my patched Aodix up now if you'd like to try it! It should hopefully work with more plugins without breaking your project files (old files will stay broken unfortunately).

https://github.com/vanjac/aodix-repair
Instructions are all on the page, should just be a drag-and-drop install now.

Maybe I should start a new thread for this...
vantjac

Post by vantjac »

WaxingAndWaning wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:02 pm Soon I'm gonna update my stubby mixer collection & post over at oldschooldaw...The mixers are great for Aodix, Aero Studio, Oscillastation-Macaw and others that have machine view hook-ups but no mixers other than their own wire-cable sliders....
I'd be interested in seeing this, so far I've been getting by with combining very simple plugins like airwindows PurestGain (literally just a volume slider in VST form, but can be automated unlike the wires). I find with Aodix I'm needing to find a lot more "utility" plugins for basic stuff that other DAWs might have built in.
metaverse691

Post by metaverse691 »

I like Bremmers MTS very much also, first found it on iOS, than bought the Windows version, very elegant RAM and cpu wise, like Aodix...and good pairing of tools
mobdro
Last edited by metaverse691 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaxingAndWaning

Yup...Bremmers real good for sure...Too bad not many know of it...Podium real good too but don't like the 'project' based workflow of it...
chaaptilak208

Post by chaaptilak208 »

I've tried Aodix before, but not really long enough to get used to it. Interestingly, he also made Psycle which is another great software :)

hellodear.in

watch movies
WaxingAndWaning

Yes, Yes he did but Psycle was developed by many others as well with different ideas in mind...But still great...

I like Protrekkr which is from his Noisetrekker 2...

But...BUTT!...There are many others-

Freebase 0.002 was tracker style but uses VSTs-

However Freebase 1.0 has PIANO ROLL with Pitch Bend-Mod Curves-

FastFuck3r 1.5 very useable & VSTs as well-

Anyway ALL over at-

http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/inde ... 316.0.html
tooponn

Post by tooponn »

Vey cool tune! I felt the Native stomp in the swagger, very well titled, great drive and I like those soaring synths.
I went hunting for the Oscillasoft stuff, no luck. Rocktave site now belongs to a jeweler, lol. EDIT: found a link for a Oscillasoft vst pack, will check em out...

hellodear.in

tea tv apk
WaxingAndWaning

Thanks Tooponn... Sorry for not being around been a weird winter...Had a partial tune in Protrekkr haven't even finished yet-

meetskorun

Post by meetskorun »

I have also recently discovered Bremmer's Multitrack Studio also. What a great DAW with low CPU-RAM & can host DX as well as VST instruments.

teatv

download apk
WaxingAndWaning

Yup...Bremmers is great has actually been around since 2001. Also good is Zynewave Podium which is produced by one of the main coders of the old TCworks - TCelectronics... MuLab not too bad either still... LMMS getting better but development slowed alot... N-Track studio been around about as long as bremmer's FINALLY fixed plugin scanning...

Bremmer's is one of the few that is left that will support DX plugs... Making Waves Studio does also and is also quite good, pretty cheap & classifies as a DAW as well as a sequencer...Also has pitch-shift - time-stretch & alot more also has as of NOW 2023 the DAW with the MOST MARGINAL system requires EVER! Have a look-

http://www.makingwavessoftware.com/

It'll even load a folder of multi-sample WAVs in correct pitch order-

WaxingAndWaning

Here's some guy who apparently made entire album in Making Waves-