Wav export, and other questions

Pioneer

Wav export, and other questions

Post by Pioneer »

Hi, i am new to the program and while diving right in, i still have not figured out some things related to export.

For example, is it possible to export each track separately? It looks like it does, and it also looks like it exports the fx modules as well. Does this mean that the sample and generator modules i effected will be dry if i muted the fx module tracks in a daw after export?

Also, when you create an fx module like a filter, and you want it to affect another effect, like reverb. Do you need to send it to the out as well? Or can you just connect it to the module you are effecting? I have see both so this has me confused.

Finally, are there any good walk thrus that show patter creation? I am decent at it, but still figuring ot how to delete or move notes..how the stop function works exactly..stuff like that.
samrai katt kovboy

Re: Wav export, and other questions

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

to export the sound with or without effects is as simple as just muting the sounds or effects you dont want
what you hear is what you will be exporting.
also just to get a hang on the general principles of the program-
luckily enough there is a lot of tutorials that i would recommend to follow through with sunvox open by the side while you see them...
nightradio did pretty many but these are without anyone talking so you kind of have to pay attention to what is going on, on the screen-
the other big chunk of tutorials is the ones solarlune did-
and they may be a little bit easier follow as hes also added the magic of talk!
if you just patiently go through the videos you will have learned the basics...
just search them on this website or directly on youtube.
plus for specific information this forum!
it took me some time to figure out the things but as sunvox is so goddamn intriguing...

whish you all the best and may the music flow from your sunvox stained fingers into million of hungry hearts.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
Pioneer

Post by Pioneer »

Thanks. So if I understand correctly, there is no multiexport and I have to export track by track by muting each track?

Not the end of the world, but when I went to the import/export menu it seemed as if there was more options, am i incorrect?

I am using the ipad version.
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

you are right there is more options!
forgot havent exported any files for a couple of months!

ahhh headshot...

but the export options are as mentioned in the menu with or without fx etc.

swim easy
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
Pioneer

Post by Pioneer »

I just got the Windows version. Is it easiest to export a completed song in iOS as a Sunvox file somehow and load it in Sunvox in windows?

From there export stems?
El Niño

Post by El Niño »

"when you create an fx module like a filter, and you want it to affect another effect, like reverb. Do you need to send it to the out as well?"

filter the reverb, place the filter after the reverb in the effects chain, connect reverb to filter then connect filter to the out.

"is it possible to export each track separately?"

There is no feature to do this yet but the workaround is to move all the tracks except the one to be exported to before song start position on timeline, then render to wav, then repeat this process for each track. Alternatively you can mute all the module chains except one to be exported, export then repeat the process.

"Does this mean that the sample and generator modules i effected will be dry if i muted the fx module tracks in a daw after export?"

export to wav only exports what you hear from the modules connected to out...it wont export separate tracks for each fx module. If you mute all but one chain, it will export only what you hear from the last module in the chain that is connected to out. for example, if you had a chain which was generator + reverb + filter + amplifier, with only amplifier connected to out, your export wav would be, whatever notes you had written in your song (with the generator module) affected by reverb, filter and amplifier. All automation in filter and reverb and amplifier would be exported together with the notes form the generator as audio (wav). What you do in DAW afterwards will be completely separate from the sounds that you exported from sunvox.

If you want to export two tracks into your DAW, one which is a generator with filter and another with genrator, filter and reverb, You could have a chain like this: generator-filter-out, but the filter could be connected 'sideways' to reverb which would then be connected to out. first you would mute the reverb module, then export. Then disconnect filter from out (but leave it attached to reverb, which is attached to out) - export. That way you would have two tracks to place in your DAW, one with generator+filter...another with generator+filter+reverb.

"Is it easiest to export a completed song in iOS as a Sunvox file somehow and load it in Sunvox in windows?"

After saving a sunvox song you can load it in any version of sunvox. If you export audio (wav files) from any version of sunvox, you can load them into a DAW for further processing/tweaking if you wish. If you want to export separate audio 'stem/tracks' It IS a little bit easier to manage the export of these tracks in the windows (or android/wince) versions because export from ios means that you must use itunes file sharing. All your exported tracks will go into the sunvox app folder together. In that folder you cant create other folders. for example you couldnt have the exported tracks organised into folders such as 'song_01_tracks', 'song_02_tracks' etc. song_01 and song_02s tracks just all go into sunvox app folder, but if you name each file well, its not to much hassle. To get around I heard you can use iFunbox to create folders and drag and drop files between computer and ipad ...but I havent tried it yet so cant really say.

The options in the export menu are: export to wav, export to midi, wifi import/export, copy file to system pasteboard, paste file from system pasteboard
The first three are pretty self explanatory while the last two, (i think?) are audio copy/paste for pasting audio into other ios apps without connecting to a computer?

Hope that helps
Pioneer

Post by Pioneer »

Really appreciate the detailed answer!