some questions about MIDI commands start stop

El Niño

some questions about MIDI commands start stop

Post by El Niño »

Hello again, sorry for so many questions today, last one:

I noticed in the 1.73 new features list "added support of the following MIDI commands: Start, Continue, Stop"

Does this refer to midi clock? I want to be able to sync renoise and sunvox together, renoise as master/slave, sunvox as master/slave...will that be possible now?

so that, depending on which program is set to master/slave, when i press the play button on the transport bar, both programs start together and stay synchronised (provided that they have the same ticks per line settings and bpm settings)...it would be so cool to have renoise running virtual synths (drones, special effects) and drum machines while sunvox takes care of the main melody and rythm parts...thanks again.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: some questions about MIDI commands start stop

Post by NightRadio »

Congratulations on the new name! :)
Start, Continue, Stop. Does this refer to midi clock?
Not completely. SunVox still can't receive and generate midi clock ticks.
What is implemented. Now you can connect some external controller/program/keyboard to the SunVox (via Preferences->MIDI). And then you can press Play/Stop buttons on this controller, and SunVox will react to it. Theoretically you can connect Renoise to SunVox in this way, but only if Renoise has its own virtual MIDI port.
El Niño

Re: some questions about MIDI commands start stop

Post by El Niño »

awesome, thankyou