new icons for patterns in the song editor

MissahSombrero

new icons for patterns in the song editor

Post by MissahSombrero »

hi, i noticed on one of the sunvox videos on warmplace.ru there were really cool icons in the song editor. is that only on the PC version? Or did he just make those icons himself? sorry just curious about that.
organic io

Re: new icons for patterns in the song editor

Post by organic io »

MissahSombrero wrote:hi, i noticed on one of the sunvox videos on warmplace.ru there were really cool icons in the song editor. is that only on the PC version? Or did he just make those icons himself? sorry just curious about that.
Icon editing stuff is the same across all versions. He drew those himself because he has tenacious patience. Actually in the youtube comments he responded to me and implied he has a touchscreen device so it is likely that he may be running the same version as you.

But yeah, I thought those icons were pretty cool too.
jph

Re: new icons for patterns in the song editor

Post by jph »

As much as I do like the mirrored noise based icons, they can be too similar some times,. guess I should jsut edit them at that point!

One idea I had for this issue is that as an option (set in Preferences==>User Interface) , the pattern icons could be generated from a rasterized font. So we would get 1, 2,.. 9, 0,. then A, B, C,.. a, b, c, etc.

These would still be editable in the icon editor. They are just rasterized from the character when a pattern is created.