Sampler Polyphony Seems to have Global Effect

cupcake

Sampler Polyphony Seems to have Global Effect

Post by cupcake »

Hi, i'm not sure if this is a legit bug or not, but i've found that if i have more than one Sampler being controlled by a Multisynth, with each individual sampler set to a polyphony of 1, then for some reason only 1 sound will play at any time from all the individual units combined, seemingly with a highest note priority.

I'm trying to build a kind of multi-channel sampler so that i can route sounds to effects individually. If i delete the Multisynth and just use each sampler on its own there is no problem, it all works like it should, but it would be nice to be able to write drum patterns without having to change instrument all the time, i.e. controlling all the sounds from one instrument.

If it helps at all, i created the instrument by copying and pasting the original Sampler, then changing parameters on the pasted versions individually. Then making a Multisynth and connecting it to all the Sampler units.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Sampler Polyphony Seems to have Global Effect

Post by NightRadio »

Seems i can't reproduce your bug in my SunVox. Can you send me the file?
cupcake

Post by cupcake »

Hi, i just e-mailed you about this. But basically it's my fault this was happening, not a bug. It is to do with the way i have the active notes set in each Sample module. If you could de-select all notes in the active notes display, then only select the ones you needed, it would solve this problem.

I suppose the issue is that the sampler defaults to having all notes on, and there's no way to stop notes getting through to the unit. Even if you reassign notes to other sample slots, it still lets the other unneeded notes get through.

Thanks for looking into this anyway. Sorry to have flagged it as a bug, when actually it's more of a feature issue.

I can get around the problem using note durations, but it would still be great to be able to deselect notes that weren't needed.
organic io

Post by organic io »

cupcake wrote: but it would still be great to be able to deselect notes that weren't needed.
Agreed
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Ok. I moved this thread to the main forum (Sound Software).