OT: I am comin over from renoise...

jcage

OT: I am comin over from renoise...

Post by jcage » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:00 pm

I just want to mention that renoise sucks, the resampler of renoise (aka Live!) sucks big time and people who think renoise has a good user interface (M$ sets the standard for good GUI design here) are suckers aswell. I only use renoise occasionally because it gives me multiple outlets to jack on linux... and hacking milkytracker to do the same promised to be troublesome.

samrai katt kovboy

Re: OT: I am comin over from renoise...

Post by samrai katt kovboy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:22 pm

sunvox for me has this strange magick behind it which pushes my music into something deep and dark....
and i love it...
but it has some severe limitations,
which i think is good and probably other people would agree as it forces you into alternative solutions and hopefully more interesting music.
so be prepared to dislike this software too as it is more limiting than renoise-
not having any vst vsti support in either direction amongst other things.

but if you persist the great advantage it has is the compatibility with mobile devices!
and big love to the metamodules!
and the overalll coolness of the software!

i really love this piece of software,
did not know that you could fall in love with a program before but for me it just clicks,
opening up reaper nowadays feels very uninspiring and the big beutiful vstis just lay around curdled up, sobbing in dusty corners of my hardrive...

may the sunvox shine on you too

easy and out
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES

organic io

Post by organic io » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:28 pm

samrai katt kovboy wrote: opening up reaper nowadays feels very uninspiring and the big beutiful vstis just lay around curdled up, sobbing in dusty corners of my hardrive...

:D :D :D

I like your post, I have to agree with much of it. I myself have been a long time Renoise user and also use Reaper (for mixing, multitrack recording, and my MIDI drums setup). I haven't fully "converted" to Sunvox, but my limited time at my desktop at home has put my amount of time spent in Renoise over the past year or so virtually 0. Sunvox is an amazing software any way you put it, the multiplatform compatibility is just awesome. I LOVE it on my Mobilepro 900, and I also got a used Palm recently for $8 and Sunvox runs really well on there too. Now I'm looking forward to even more portable tracking :)

MissahSombrero

Post by MissahSombrero » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:07 pm

for me renoise is really really amazing. some of the features in renoise like render selection to sample, flip selection, interpolate exponentially and render vst to multisampled instrument are truly very cool. my main reason for using sunvox more these days is that before I was using renoise during the day but at night I couldn't because my crazy neighbours could hear the typing on the keyboard. sunvox is all touchscreen so it's cool to make music until 5am if you want with no arrow keys bashing going on. I always thought it would be cool if night radio teamed up with some renoise developers to make renoise for tablets but now sunvox has developed so much no need, just keeps getting better. before sunvox I used to use renoise until about 12pm then milky tracker on a PDA until 5/6am haha!