dc blocker

samrai katt kovboy

dc blocker

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

hmmm...

trying the dc blocker but i dont really know what its supposed to do... i read the wikipedia article and it kind of gets me an idea but in practical use what does it do?
someone that can help me???

easy times and sunshine
brriiiimps!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
MissahSombrero

Re: dc blocker

Post by MissahSombrero »

in the sample editor there is a white horizontal line right down the middle of where the waveform appears. the samples graphical representation should be basicsally 50% above that white line and 50% below. sometimes a sample can appear completely above or below that white line, thats when you should use dc blocker as it brings the sample back to 50% above 50% below the white line. it centers the sample on the horizontal white line.
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

thank you so much.
that would have been impossible for me to figure out.

easy sunshine for clouded mind
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
burij

Post by burij »

I know, it's a very old thread. I was trying to find some information to that topic and just found that one. Is there actualy some downside in using DC-Blocker? Because if not, why you wouldn't always put one before Output. Just to make sure, there are no phase issusues? and also inside every Meta Module before Output? If I understand correctly, it just can make your mix better, Right?
You can download my exclusive Sunvox-Metamodules here: https://label.weddinger-schule.de/category/tools/
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Is there actualy some downside in using DC-Blocker?
It cuts off all frequencies below 5 Hz (and even slightly higher) - this is not always acceptable :)
burij

Post by burij »

Ok, thank you!
You can download my exclusive Sunvox-Metamodules here: https://label.weddinger-schule.de/category/tools/