FYI: AudioPaste & AudioCopy on iOS

sup909

FYI: AudioPaste & AudioCopy on iOS

Post by sup909 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:15 am

Just an FYI for Nightradio. While checking out some other audio apps on the iOS I ran into this feature or set of API's that some of them use call AudioCopy and AudioPaste. It allows for transfering audio between apps and can be very useful for exporting an sound from a synth app into a DAW type app.

Not sure if it would be appropriate for Sunvox itself since it would split features from other platforms, but it may be worth looking into implementing for for apps like Pixelwave and SpectrumGen, etc.
http://www.sonomawireworks.com/iphone/audiocopy/

MissahSombrero

Re: FYI: AudioPaste & AudioCopy on iOS

Post by MissahSombrero » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 pm

I find the iPad irritating at times because say you record a great pattern using korg ims 20' render it to wav. now you want to import that rendered wav into sunvox. you can't. you must connect the iPad to a computer, open iTunes, open the apps tab, find the file, copy it over to the desktop then import it into sunvox app file storage. in other words you always need the computer close at hand and it's not possible to do it all on just the iPad. if you jailbreak the iPad and get ifile you can do it all on the iPad but it's extremely slow. that's why I can't wait for audiobus and hope it will be compatible with sunvox. with that you could could just play your pattern in korg ims 20 and record all the sounds directly into a sunvox sampler module. you would still have to clip the sample to the right length in the sample editor but it would be faster. also, the sample editor needs scrolling while highlighting in my opinion.

NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: FYI: AudioPaste & AudioCopy on iOS

Post by NightRadio » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:20 am

AudioCopy/Paste features are already implemented in SunVox for iOS. Main menu -> Export/import -> Copy/Paste;