Sampler Instruments / *.sunsynth format?

marlow77

Sampler Instruments / *.sunsynth format?

Post by marlow77 »

Hello,

I have started making instrument sets from VSTi's for several iOS apps, such as BM2 and TJ: www.B2IM.webs.com

The system works very well and I have created some scripts to automate and make the system easier.

However, I am trying to do the same thing for Sunvox to broaden the sampler sets since creating .XI instruments from the computer is a pain.

My questions are:

1) Does Sunvox automatically load loop points from a *.wav file when loaded into the sampler?
2) Can you explain what *.sunsynth's are and how to make them and read them? When I try to load it asks if RAW and signed, etc.?
3) Once an instrument's multiple *.wav are loaded, can they be saved as an instrument for export?
4) Is the *.sunsynth format something that can be modified via text file?

Thanks in adavance for your help,

Marlow77
paulmerchant

Re: Sampler Instruments / *.sunsynth format?

Post by paulmerchant »

The .sunsynth format is used to save module settings. You can't load them as samples into the sampler. You load them as a module through the module menu.

For example, if you just took an analogue generator and made an amazing sound, you could save it as a .sunsynth and then open it in another project. If you tweaked the sampler to create a great drumkit, you could save it as a .sunsynth for future use, too.

And it's in a binary format that can't be edited with a text editor.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Sampler Instruments / *.sunsynth format?

Post by NightRadio »

Does Sunvox automatically load loop points from a *.wav file when loaded into the sampler?
Not supported yet, sorry.