macbook pro newb and installing sunvox

cybertch

macbook pro newb and installing sunvox

Post by cybertch »

Just dl'd sunvox onto my macbook pro. The zip file opened and there are the nice new folders containing sunvox pc/mac data. The doc section has no install instructions that I can see. So where and how do I install this program.

I'm sure this has been asked about millions of times but no info seems to bd clearly available right now.

Help would be appreciated for this newb.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: macbook pro newb and installing sunvox

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!
OSX version of SunVox does not require installation. It is portable. Just unpack it, go to the sunvox/osx directory and run SunVox :)
cybertch

Post by cybertch »

NightRadio wrote:Hello!
OSX version of SunVox does not require installation. It is portable. Just unpack it, go to the sunvox/osx directory and run SunVox :)
I have sunvox in my dload folder. It's not looking like a drive that other dl'd products become. I read that safari already unzipped it automatically but it is not installed. I can drag the complete folder to the desktop. I can navigate down to the sunvox folder and then app. I can start the program and load a song within the folder but there is no sound.

What am I doing wrong.
cybertch

Post by cybertch »

Let's try a different tact!

How does sunvox find the the instrument folder?
How does it find the song lib?
Do I put these folders inside the osx/sunvox folder?
Is there a config file or should I write one so all these elements see where things are?
Should I move the song lib, osx folder and instrument folder into the applications folder from the dl folder?

Thx
Cybertch
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

How does sunvox find the the instrument folder?
SunVox is not looking for this folder automatically. You need to select any external instruments manually. Double click on the frame with modules - you will see the module selector. In the bottom part of this window you can see the LOAD button. Press it. Then you will see the file selection dialog, where you can select any instrument (WAV, AIFF, XI, sunsynth) on your disk.
The same thing with the songs and with any sunvox-files.
Should I move the song lib, osx folder and instrument folder into the applications folder from the dl folder?
You can place it anywhere on your disk