OSX Navigation and Shortcuts

mrev

OSX Navigation and Shortcuts

Post by mrev »

Really loving mousewheel control of parameters under the cursor! Huge feature I've always loved in Reaper. Better than hardware controllers imo.

Some other thoughts fwiw:

- In the bottom arrange window, it seems like shift-select and-command select should follow mac conventions (select all contiguous, select non contiguous items.)

- Down the line, assignable key commands would be amazing. In my case on a Mac laptop, f9, f11, and f12 are not that useful as play shortcuts (requires you to hit the fn key.) The SunVox to do list is pretty long and awesome so this a future thing I'm sure.

- My vote would be for zoom within the lower arrange window to zoom to selection, as opposed to zoom to middle of current view.

- Ideally imo within each window multitouch/scrollwheel whould navigate, ie the top pattern editor, and zoom could be multitouch/scrollwheel with a key modifier. Horizontal as well as vertical multitouch/scrollwheel navigation in arrange and module windows would be awesome.

Just some thoughts, thanks again, whole new world since going iphone/ipad/mac with SunVox, no one can touch it right now!
Last edited by mrev on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrev

Re: OSX Navigation and Shortcuts

Post by mrev »

Oh yeah another thing that would be handy is for shift or some modifier key to engage link mode in the module menu. This would be quicker than dragging cables to connect or mousing up to engage link mode to connect. Even bigger gains when make or removing multiple connections from a module.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

shift or some modifier key to engage link mode in the module menu
Hm... But it is already implemented. You can link with Shift button pressed
mrev

Post by mrev »

yeah the idea just being that for users who gravitate towards link mode over shift-dragging, being able to engage link mode with a key command would be a time saver.. small but adds up..
thanks for considering!