ideas for new feautures/ feature requests

MissahSombrero

ideas for new feautures/ feature requests

Post by MissahSombrero »

TIMELINE

1.) Scrolling (horizontally and vertically) while highlighting in the timeline view.
2.) Loop points (or loop highlighted patterns) in the timeline view.
3.) Merge patterns (timeline view)
4.) Change the colour of blocks in the timeline view.
5.) Option to use hexadecimal instead of icons for pattern identification (I usually just draw out numbers anyway)
6.) [Maybe] Lock pattern in place (when using the stylus the patterns tend to move a bit each time you select one, then you have to realign it with the others.

SAMPLE EDITOR

1.) Scrolling whilst highlighting in the sample editor.
2.) Show sample filename under the sample editor (next to base note etc.)
3.) Zoom into highlighted region in the sample editor.
4.) When adding points to the sample envelope, ticks to appear only one tick away from the previous tick.
5.) Scrolling whilst highlighting/dragging points to a new location in the sample envelopes view.

Modules

1.) ADSR view at the bottom: would be useful to have a 'ticks/lines guide' (so you can see exactly how long in ticks/lines is the attack, decay etc.)
2.) Grouping modules, delay, echo and LFO's in ticks instead of milliseconds + reset LFO from beginning command (think these are already mentioned in the todo list).

Pattern Editor

1.) Tremelo and Vibrato as tick-based effect commands.

Random and Unlikely suggestion

In the timeline view, a levels indicator on each pattern as it plays through (exactly like the ones for the modules)

Support for gamepad style input (sunvox on the various emulation gaming machines, such as dingoo, Gamepark etc. could be really good!) dont see how you would drag windows about though, anyways this is under random and unlikely title

Sorry for the long list, one more: render each individual track in song to .wav + render each individual pattern to .wav options.

O.K, thats it. Thankyou again for being the only developer who understands! SUNVOX FOREVER!!!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: ideas for new feautures/ feature requests

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you for these requests!

Some notes.

Timeline. Change the colour of blocks in the timeline view.
You can do it now in the Icon editor.

Modules. Reset LFO from beginning.
There is "Set phase" controller in LFO. Just set it to 0000 from pattern - this is equivalent to reset.
binaer

Post by binaer »

I Love sunvox ... :Rose:
And I use sunvox a lot for experimental music with simple waveforms and noise. For this is needed more (than the existing) abilities to transform the sound
so my wishes / feature requests are:

a envelope for the filter (sunvox samplerstyle)
a ring modulator module
a pitchshifter module
a phaser module
a s&h generator module

and the announced advanced FM Synthes options
:wink:

BTW : Granular synthese rocks !!! (Is there an opportunity?)
:crazy:
FreeFull

Post by FreeFull »

Two ideas I've got:

* Allow to group patterns. When the end of one pattern in the tracker view is reached, it jumps automatically to the next pattern in the group. You can move the individual patterns in block view by dragging normally, or move the whole group by shift-dragging.
* Allow to group several modules into an instrument. You can save the instrument for reuse in other songs, instead of saving the modules individually.
kelvin

Post by kelvin »

Sunvox Rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A new cool feature would be an additive generator

I´m not really know something about coding but I think the SpectraVoice module is a bit similar
Darkhog

Post by Darkhog »

I think it'll be great to see Formula generator. It'll be like normal generator, but user will can enter formula to use when generating sound instead of choosing from limited set of choices (like it is now).

It can be even part of current generator - we can add dialog window, similar to one in Sampler and turn current "settings" (tri/saw, etc.) into "presets" to choose from combobox (user will can make his/her own presets).
FreeFull

Post by FreeFull »

Darkhog wrote:I think it'll be great to see Formula generator. It'll be like normal generator, but user will can enter formula to use when generating sound instead of choosing from limited set of choices (like it is now).

It can be even part of current generator - we can add dialog window, similar to one in Sampler and turn current "settings" (tri/saw, etc.) into "presets" to choose from combobox (user will can make his/her own presets).
I imagine such a generator would be hard to optimise compared to hard-coded waveforms. It could create new possibilities for sound though if you could have variables inside the formula that you can change externally.
Darkhog

Post by Darkhog »

Those variables can be controller values of generator (duty cycle, etc). And it wouldn't be hard to optimize speed. It'll take some CPU time due to parsing, but parsing is most of cases one-time job, so it'd be done when opening song or when changing formula.