SunVox Song Archive?

SolarLune

SunVox Song Archive?

Post by SolarLune »

Just wondering if someone could / should set up an archive for songs created with SunVox, with the song's 'source' SunVox files up for download. That could be really interesting to have. I think this was proposed earlier, but I don't know the state of that or where the thread went. Anyway, that's my request.
EDIT: I could perhaps do it - I just want to see if there are a lot of people who like the idea and would send in songs. No sense in doing it if people aren't going to support it...
menthes

Re: SunVox Song Archive?

Post by menthes »

this would be a great way to share techniques, seeing just how far sunvox can be pushed. sounds like fun! :)

perhaps there could be sections dedicated to the specific device the song was composed on? that would prevent my jornada 720 from becoming unstable when a reverb is used :wink:
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Hmm... I'll think about that feature. It would just basically be a blog page - each post would be an entry of a song, featured like this:

Song Name
Artist Name
Date
Genre
Description
Download Link
Optional: Wave file / download link

I would classify all songs (posts) using the tags of their genre. This way, if you wanted Electronic music, click on the Electronic tag. Do you want Chiptunes? Click on the chiptune tag. Hip-hop? Hip-hop tag, and so on. If you wanted to search for a certain artist or song, you could use the search box. I think I'll set it up. EDIT: While the submitter of their song doesn't need to give me the actual .sunvox file, they must provide the download link. Also, if the submitter felt really professional, they could - 1) give a preview of the song (I think you can upload the song on MyFlashFetish to preview), and/or 2) have a download link for the .wav file. The preview of the song isn't necessary, but it would be really professional of them to do.

EDIT: So I think the name of the site's going to be "SunVox Solstice". Good?
Shytan

Post by Shytan »

I should have browsed this forum more carefully before creating this thread - could have just replied here.
Anyway, if you're looking for a place to upload/share/discuss music modules in source format, consider BuzzTunes.org. Dispite the word "Buzz" in title, not only Buzz .bmx files can be uploaded. Sunvox support has been added recently.
To put it simpler - you need a song archive and I need good tracker tunes on my resource. Let's help each other! :)
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Hey - I've also got a SunVox site up - SunVox Solstice, but it's somewhat new, and there aren't a huge amount of files up already. If people want to submit their songs to either of us, the more files, the better. Thanks for hosting another archive, Shytan.
Shytan

Post by Shytan »

SolarLune wrote:the more files, the better
My words exactly :)
SolarLune wrote:Thanks for hosting another archive, Shytan.
Not much of an archive so far - only one .sunvox submission made, I hope there'll be more with time...