SunVox v1.2

NightRadio
Site Admin

SunVox v1.2

Post by NightRadio »

Hello all!

SunVox v1.2 is available for download: http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/index.php

Now minor updates and bugfixes are free for registered users! If you have no latest release yet, just mail to nightradio@gmail.com or support@warmplace.ru (and point your ShareIt Reference # in the mail).

What is new in v1.2:
* added external mod2sunvox utility for MOD/XM -> SunVox files conversion;
* added synth activity indicators;
* added CPU usage monitor (not working on PalmOS);
* added "mute" and "solo" buttons to the window with synth controllers;
* added "zoom in" and "zoom out" buttons to the timeline window;
* added "set vibrato phase" controller in the "flanger" synth;
* improved reverb performance;
* increased frequency ranges of synths;
* updated manual;
* redesigned some GUI elements;
* fixed different bugs.
ignatzthemouse

Re: SunVox v1.2

Post by ignatzthemouse »

Exciting! My thoughts after a 30 min muck about with the demo....

Arranger feels a bit nicer. Things click into place better. I would love to be able to edit during playback but other than that the arranger is perfect.

The trigger indicators in the patch view are nice. I find that kind of visual feedback useful.

Cpu usage screen is really good. Separated performance info on everything is a great idea... particularly for mobile platforms.

Plus i've not crashed it during a 30 min play around about and stress test. :lol:

Great work. If Sunvox doesn't get a big following this year ill buy a hat and eat it.
mk23

Post by mk23 »

ignatzthemouse wrote:Exciting! My thoughts after a 30 min muck about with the demo....

Arranger feels a bit nicer. Things click into place better. I would love to be able to edit during playback but other than that the arranger is perfect.

The trigger indicators in the patch view are nice. I find that kind of visual feedback useful.

Cpu usage screen is really good. Separated performance info on everything is a great idea... particularly for mobile platforms.
I was going to write almost exactly the same mail but you beat me to it :) Well done Alex, Sunvox is getting better and better with each release!

The only points I would like to make are:

On my PocketPC the keyboard shortcuts still don't work properly. I did some investigating and found a few applications which remap keys on Pocket PC, but they all make the PDA unstable (unlike SunVox which so far has never crashed!). Anyway, I now have an application on the PDA which shows the hex values of keys when they are pressed. Would you be interested to see the output of this so that we could find a way round this problem? (I think it would be great if we could redefine sunvox functions to different key combinations,for example in the .ini file. But that is probably a lot of work for you....)

The new grid in the arrange window makes lining up patterns a lot nicer. But how about a function to align things horizontally? (i.e. you select all the patterns on a track and click a button and they are aligned). I know this is just an aesthetic thing but it saves having to do this manually ;)

On small PDA screens the drop down menu of the new CPU meter gets drawn off the bottom of the screen when I have lots of synths to list! Maybe this could have an option at the top of the list to open the the menu full screen?

However, these are small points. I love sitting outside during my lunchbreak making music, thanks and keep up the good work :)

David
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thanks! :)

David,
I'll try to make "redefine keys" feature in the next SunVox updates
ghostly

Post by ghostly »

I agree with the other posters, Sunvox just gets better and better! One suggestion I would have is the ability to increase the keyboard size for PalmOS in particular. It is very hard to hit the right notes sometimes. Also, the ability to map play and stop to a PalmOS shortcut key - would this be possible?
11hzrobot

Post by 11hzrobot »

hi, I recently found out about this program and am running it on a palm tx. There are a bunch of things I really like about it: echo, distortion, sample and bit reduction, tracker style note and controller editing. The synths sound great. The few things that I'd like to see: bigger keyboard keys, bigger menu font, cut-copy-paste buttons along the top of the tracker near the menu hold and off buttons...oh and bigger. +1 for creating new patterns without having to stop playback. hard button mapping to cut, copy, paste.

Excellent work so far Alex.

I've tested it on a zire 72 and palm tx. The 5 way navigator and center button work on the zire but only the up/down works on the TX...left/right and center don't work. Anybody else notice this on their tx? It may be mine is malfunctioning.

also check out the panning right control on the FM synth, full right turns the volume down.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

to 11hzrobot:
Hey, you are right! FM-synth has bug with panning! :(
Thanks! I'll fix it in version 1.3, that will be released in the next few days.
ps: "slow up kid" - very nice track :)

to all: thanks for suggestions again. I'll try to implement this as far as possible!