Mystery Buttons and Registration

mk23

Mystery Buttons and Registration

Post by mk23 »

Hello,
Well I have paid for my version of the software and I'm enjoying every minute! One question about the registration:

It seems that the price subscribes me to the software on share-it's site. Does this mean that in 6 months I will have to pay again?

Also, in the area at the top right corner of the screen, seen here:
sunvox buttons.png
sunvox buttons.png (877 Bytes) Viewed 4159 times
what do the buttons "Hld" "Off" "Ins" and "Bck" do?

Finally, in the Windows mobile version I can not enter the note off event when I try and use the appropriate button on the onscreen keyboard. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Dave mK
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Mystery Buttons and Registration

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!
Sorry for lack of good documentation about SunVox. This will be done soon :)
It seems that the price subscribes me to the software on share-it's site. Does this mean that in 6 months I will have to pay again?
Yes. There is quote from share-it site:
If you select payment by credit or debit card, or via direct debit, you agree to have the unit price per subscription period automatically charged to your card and/or bank account immediately prior to the start of the next billing period (6 months). If you select another payment type, you agree to make periodic payments.
And you can get latest SunVox updates for the duration of your subscription.
Please, tell me, if this method of subscription is not good for you. May be, you has another suggestions? I want to make comfortable conditions for my customers.
Also, in the area at the top right corner of the screen, seen here
First left button - main menu;
HLD - make an empty note (or empty effect - depending on cursor position);
OFF - make NOTE OFF;
black circle - enable/disable recording;
INS - insert an empty note (with moving all notes, those are below the cursor);
BCK - backspace.
Finally, in the Windows mobile version I can not enter the note off event when I try and use the appropriate button on the onscreen keyboard. Any ideas?
hm.. what button you talking about? :) On PC keyboard it is the CAPSLOCK button. But in the Windows Mobile version you must click on the OFF button in top right corner of the screen.

Regards,
Alex Zolotov
mk23

Post by mk23 »

Hi Alex,
Your replies are always very quick, thanks :)
NightRadio wrote:Sorry for lack of good documentation about SunVox. This will be done soon :)
No problem, let me know if you would like me to proof read it for you...
NightRadio wrote:And you can get latest SunVox updates for the duration of your subscription.
OK, thanks for the clarification. Can I suggest maybe you mention somewhere on the Sunvox main webpage that this is how buying Sunvox works? I have no problem with being subscribed in return for the updates, especially because it sounds like you will implement lots more features! But, there is no explanation of this and I was a little surprised when the share-it site said that the price was a subscription, not just a one off price....

Also thank you for the explanation of the buttons, now I know how to enter a note off event!
NightRadio wrote:hm.. what button you talking about? :)
On the virtual keyboard there is the "=" key, which I was trying to use for note off events... but now I know which graphical button to use.

I have also found one possible problem today. When I have Sunvox running on Windows mobile and I turn the PDA to "off" (i.e. Sunvox is still running but the screen is off) then when I wake up the PDA Sunvox is very strange. The screen does not redraw properly and in fact Sunvox usually exits to the OS with no warning :( Of course I can just save the song and close Sunvox before turning the PDA off. Just letting you know this is a bit strange.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next update :-)

David mK
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

No problem, let me know if you would like me to proof read it for you...
Ok :) Thanks.
Can I suggest maybe you mention somewhere on the Sunvox main webpage that this is how buying Sunvox works?
No problem. I'll add some note about it.
I have also found one possible problem today. When I have Sunvox running on Windows mobile and I turn the PDA to "off" (i.e. Sunvox is still running but the screen is off) then when I wake up the PDA Sunvox is very strange. The screen does not redraw properly and in fact Sunvox usually exits to the OS with no warning :( Of course I can just save the song and close Sunvox before turning the PDA off. Just letting you know this is a bit strange.
I have a similar bug on my new smartphone (gsmart mw998). So, i trying to fix it now :) What is your device model?
mk23

Post by mk23 »

Hi,
NightRadio wrote:
I have a similar bug on my new smartphone (gsmart mw998). So, i trying to fix it now :) What is your device model?
I am running a HP 6915 with Windows Mobile 5.0. I have checked a few other pieces of software and this behaviour seems to be limited to Sunvox....

Good luck with the new phone!

D