zeffii

Some slightly hyper dub techno

Post by zeffii »

zeffii

Re: Some slightly hyper dub techno

Post by zeffii »

https://github.com/zeffii/sunvox_tunes/ ... 333.sunvox

small video for the experiment .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iNv_UCDGoI

i'm really trying to use sunvox but I find a few things annoying like.
- not being able to add tracks to a pattern without stopping the song
---- a way around this is to have a template with empty patterns of like 8 or 9 tracks and copy those each time
- unable to convert a clone pattern into a unique pattern in its current place
---- I see something like this is planned, the sooner the better ...
- would love to find patterns that use a certain module, right now sometimes it isn't clear which patterns contain references to modules. What would be great is a fast way to find the patterns that use the module, maybe a keyboard shortcut to select all patterns that use the currently selected module.
- have a bank of samples available from all samplers, and set the current sample via a track command.
- is there a way to store the state of a module for recall later in the song?

Other than these things I really can't find many other things that get in the way.
RIL

Post by RIL »

The way I tend to use in finding the patterns with certain modules... On the tracker sequencer, the module number can be found. On the module itself, I type in the name of the track or type of instrument the module is using i.e Lead synth 1 or bass synth etc. On the actual pattern timeline at the bottom of the window, I can then draw in the same name in the box so that it appears on the pattern in the timeline. This way I can see which module is playing which track in the timeline and also find the track to edit in the tracker via the module number which is unique to each module. Your music sounds good by the way. I had a listen earlier via Soundcloud and looked at the video of your in youtube. Did you use Blender for the flyby video? Its interesting and a complex piece of programming. I use Blender on my visuals. All the best.
zeffii

Post by zeffii »

RIL wrote:Did you use Blender for the flyby video? Its interesting and a complex piece of programming. I use Blender on my visuals. All the best.
Yeah that's Blender and some Python scripted environment. just a bit of fun

update!

Found time to make another practice song.. eventually sunvox will have the kind of sequencing that my brain can handle :) until then we have some shorter songs !

:oops:

2016-10-16%2018-10_deeptrance4.sunvox