Exporting key bindings

waffleday

Exporting key bindings

Post by waffleday »

Hey y'all,

I just spent a fat chunk of time getting the perfect keybindings all set up, but I don't see a way to export them. I tried to find where they're stored, but to no avail. Any help is appreciated!
burij

Re: Exporting key bindings

Post by burij »

as far as I know, there is always a sunvox_config.ini on every system, where all global settings are stored. at least on linux in /home/$USER/.config/SunVox
You can download my exclusive Sunvox-Metamodules here: https://label.weddinger-schule.de/category/tools/
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

SunVox takes its configuration (including the key bindings) from the sunvox_config.ini file.
This file can be placed in one of the following directories: (the app scans these folders one by one)
  • Linux:
    1) directory with the application;
    2) user home directory (/home/username/.config/SunVox);
  • Windows
    2) directory for application-specific data (/Documents and Settings/username/Application Data);
  • macOS
    2) /Users/username/Library/Application Support/SunVox;
  • Android:
    1) working directory of the application: primary shared storage of your device (most often it is the internal memory, not the external SD card): Android/data/nightradio.SunVox/files;
    2) internal files directory (hidden for the user);
  • iOS:
    1) working directory of the application;
    2) internal files directory (hidden for the user);
  • Windows CE
    1) root of local filesystem (/);
    2) directory for application-specific data (/Documents and Settings/username/Application Data);
waffleday

Post by waffleday »

Thanks so much for your help!
Reefdom

Post by Reefdom »

Maybe you could help. I adore Sunvox and have repeatedly tried to be productive but I'm facing a problem relative to key mapping (bidnings?). I have it installed in my Android, where the touch screen interface is pretty much ok, and also in Windows, where I just can make friends with the keys and shortcuts. I am a heir to the keyboard generation, where keyboard sequencing was fast and straight by using directional pad up, down, left, right + a note on/on toggle (space) + a shift up-down for note quick adjust and left- right for octave up-down. Being a super fast pattern edition technique, I am being absolutely unable to try and replicate this operation in Sunvox and I just cant get used to pressing G to get an f minor. Alex, are you considering any feature for an optional fast-keyboard mode that can expedite pattern edition, in a fashion similar to M8 or the piggy? I absolutely love Sunvox, the depth, the sound design and the megacreative potential, but I can't get to terms with the patterns!!! Or, alternatively, are there out there any user whose key mapping file can be shared that can help the keyboard users to write fast? Please, help!!!