Interesting MIDI tricks (download some modules)

philipbergwerf

Interesting MIDI tricks (download some modules)

Post by philipbergwerf »

Hi I want to share some modules I made and used over the time I used sunvox. some of them are already in the sunvox standard library. In this post I will document the ideas behind the modules.

PhilipBergwerf Live random pitch
Live random pitch is the same as random pitch from multisynth but it changes the random pitch while you hold the note. You can change the amount of random pitch and the effect is 8 polyphonic(you can manually extend the polyphony). in the attachment is a example where this module is used.

PhilipBergwerf Note filter
Using the controllers you can apply a scale for random generation of notes in a certain scale. You can apply rules for each key in the octave/set the transpose of that key. It takes some thinking to apply some scale but believe me it's worth it! the module generates a note trigger every time you press a key or sent note from pattern. In the attachment is an example for the note filter in use. I want badly to improve this module to make the selections of notes in the octave more intuitive.

PhilipBergwerf Midi vibrato
This module applies vibrato to the midi signal so you have a vibrating source. It's a monophonic module but you can manually make it polyphonic of course!

Queries note off trigger
This is a eight polyphonic note off trigger. Not suitable for sustain synths. It is handy when you want to trigger a sound at note off/key release. In the attachment is a project that uses a organ. the organ uses note off trigger for triggering the pipe close sound.

PhilipBergwerf rndm midi delay
The idea behind this module is to humanize a pattern that just triggers in a computer like way. By applying less or more random delay you can get a more human like feeling. For example you can trigger chords trough this module and they will be triggered slightly at a different time. example use of this module:

I like to hear if someone sees possible improvements, please shout out!

Philip Bergwerf
Attachments
PhilipBergwerf MIDI effects.zip
(22.8 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
offthesky

Re: Interesting MIDI tricks (download some modules)

Post by offthesky »

super cool works here! i look forward to using/dissecting/learning from these.. the organ sounds really lovely too.