MultiCtl as a MPD sampler

deleve

MultiCtl as a MPD sampler

Post by deleve »

I would like to use the multiCtl as if it were a pad sampler , like an MPD, by connecting it to different Multisynth which is already especified with different parts of the sample, like if they were chopped, and i would like to play these different modules in the MultiCtl with the keyboard.

Is it possible?

Or a better way to do it?

example: Image
Keres

Re: MultiCtl as a MPD sampler

Post by Keres »

yes. you can do what you are trying to do, which is record the CV signal into the sampler. there are some things you should (and prolly do) know. 1. the Sunvox method might not match up with the Roland or whatever modular hardware synth you have. 2.recordings are monophonic. you can't record chords very easily, might be able to rig up some stuff with 2voices and stereo sampling... i donno. 3. in most cases, better to just record it as simple MIDI tracks. ok but... u got a special reason for some super configuration synth with something like a Firstman or a TB303.

so you put your multisynth into a Pitch2Ctrl and set that to pitch (1), then you attach the output of that Pitch2Ctrl to an Amplifier and control the 03.DC Offset. then you can sample it.

here is an example file, you just press play and then it will record the stuff to the sampler and then stop. you get the idea...
Attachments
Keres_CV2Sample.sunvox
(3.52 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

oh, you wanna chop samples? yes, just set each Phase slider setting and then use the "round-robin" option in the main Multi-synth. i thought you were trying to sample the multisynth itself.
deleve

Post by deleve »

What is "round-robin" ? And where is it on the Multi-synth ? Can you please explain to me?
dolflou032

Post by dolflou032 »

sunvox_PPWrWNELVN.png
sunvox_PPWrWNELVN.png (41.98 KiB) Viewed 3199 times
here you go
:Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: SUNVOX IS AWESOME !!!! :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:
deleve

Post by deleve »

Oh, great! But then i connect these 3 multSytnh with another MultSynth with the `round-robin` ON ?
deleve

Post by deleve »

I tried the technique and what happens is that it plays one MultSynth after another, correct?
I was looking for something more specific, like playing the MultSynth of my choice.
I believe you should program this with a keyboard button, no?
something like, touching the letter Y it plays MultSynth_1, with U it plays MultSynth_2 and so on.
It would be possible?