mapping keyboard keys to specific control values?

oceanpattern

mapping keyboard keys to specific control values?

Post by oceanpattern »

I want to change module waveform but only values 0,1,2,5 and would like to change them with keys C,D,E,F on the keyboard

any tips on if this is possible?

if not, is it possible to use a knob but remove or pass by values from it's input? I only want to change between 0,1,2,5 and skip over 3,4

thanks!
Keres

Re: mapping keyboard keys to specific control values?

Post by Keres »

Yes, you need to master the multictrl. Basically, you will draw some blocked shape envelopes, then use the quantization level slider to limit the values to what you want. Seems difficult at first, but adjusting the sliders of min-max and quantization can get you the range you want. Sometimes you have to use a few multictrl objects in tandem with each other. It depends on what you want to do.

You can separate out notes with a multisynth. Say C-4 as your default key to reset the oscillator to sine, you would just rout your signal from your main multisynth to a new one with only one key C-4 in the graphic editor. Then use a note2ctrl. There are actually tons of ways... Like rout that single C-4 into a generator with the dirty waveform with all the values maxed into a sound2ctrl... So many ways it's incredible.
Keres

Post by Keres »

Take a look at the blue kit. It's a default drum machine included in the instruments. It has a way at the end to change the bpms to certain values using three of the upper black keys. It's a complicated metamodule, but it has that feature of using midi keys to control certain things.
Keres

Post by Keres »

ok, here is a demo of what you want to do using an Analog Generator.

if you look at the tune, you will see that there is a baby blue MultiCtrl on layer one (module 05). the graph is hand drawn and the values of quantification amount and min/max are set low to limit the slider to slide between only certain oscillators. There can be a "POP" of sound between values of 1ffx-2000 or so, because the envelopes are interpolated at some level, but for almost all tweeks, you will never hear it. I don't know if i have the time today to chase that out. you can simply hook up a note2ctrl or something to control that slider with a MIDI board. in the track, i am just switching the values between only those using the 23xxyy command.

I also included just the keyboard patch as a .sunsynth so you can load it in your projects as a direct example.

your ears must also pay the 3o3 tax, because behringer has not yet shipped me a TD-3.

cheers.
Attachments
Keres_ChoiceDemo.zip
(8.69 KiB) Downloaded 136 times