gated reverb??

latidos

gated reverb??

Post by latidos »

Hi everybody!

Is it possibl to do gated reverbering with sunvox?
I wonder if this has been asked before giving the exposure of genres like synthwave these days....
SawZer

Re: gated reverb??

Post by SawZer »

Yes! In fact, I believe there is a module I made for it in the Sunvox effects folder. Feel free to open it and modify for whatever you need
Keres

Post by Keres »

It's not a realy good gated verb tho. The heavy metal and guitar people would want something more clear, especially for vocals and drums. I think back to the classic Yamaha reverse/gated verb. I should do a nice clone of it.
Keres

Post by Keres »

been playing around with this:

here is a "clean" gated verb. this is more geared to people who may not be playing with the sequencer lines. It uses a noisegate from some other thread in here and you have all the main option of the regular reverb. there is a reverb input for a send so you can get pops like on those old mixers. also note the quality setting. for vocals and basslines you might need to pump that up a bit, but for most drums a quality setting of 300Hz sample rate is more than enough.
Attachments
Keres_GateVerb2.zip.zip
(4.02 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

the origin of the gate is Glizad. see this post:
https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ate#p15043

hey sawzer! sorry man i missread your post. i thought for some dumb reason you were talkingabout my fake gateverb plugin. which one is your gate?

thanks.
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

Keres wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:41 am hey sawzer! sorry man i missread your post. i thought for some dumb reason you were talkingabout my fake gateverb plugin. which one is your gate?

thanks.
In the Sunvox "effects" folder, it's labelled as 'SawZer GatedReverb.sunsynth'

EDIT: It needs to be placed in Parallel, not in Series. It is a wet only effect.
Niko Dexx

Post by Niko Dexx »

Techno Gatet Reverb