whatever.curve16bit editor

Keres

whatever.curve16bit editor

Post by Keres »

what editor would you use to edit curves to load into the multicontrol and the multisynth? I have Ghex, but it's just a hex editor that really dosn't get to the point. what i would like to do is be able to do things like make a note scale tool to control the hz value of the LFO, i can do it now using the quantization level option at say 7, but if you set the max value to 1760, you really need to kindof bend the curve... and it's really hard to do. I think it would make sense to know why Mr. Nightradio chose to save the curves as a file and how he himself would edit them.

thanks in advance ;)

PS: It would be cool to use a cad app to draw some funky shapes with gravity based spline points and import them ;ppp
Keres

Re: whatever.curve16bit editor

Post by Keres »

ref file
Keres

Post by Keres »

ERROR
Error parsing server response.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/d2evbk
Keres

Post by Keres »

fun to play with ;p
Attachments
planetoid.sunvox.zip
.zip
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

ok, i noticed that you can load the .curve16bit files as raw samples. that lets me save as txt and then load into a spreadsheet. when i finally made a scale curve for the multicontrol and loaded it back in, i found that it was almost of no use because the multicontrol has loads of interpolation on whatever sample or curve you are using with it. you can see in this file that i made a C minor natural scale, but especially towards the lower notes, the interpolation between the values in the curve make it come slightly out of tune every so often. it's close, but unless the multicontrol had an option to turn off interpolation, it will prolly never work right.
Attachments
CurveExample.zip
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

ok, noticed an error in my spreadsheet. there were some linear values instead of single note values. still in the example, if you disconnect the snd2ctrl from the multicontrol and slide the value slowly, you can still see that between each value is a little slide put there by the multicontrol's interpolation of the sample you load in. wouldn't be a problem for examples like this where you simply create an arpeggio or something, but if you use the 23 track command with the multicontrol, it sometimes hits one of the spots that is just between your values and interpolates an out of tune note. again, i am just going to make a few arpeggios so it's no big deal.
Attachments
Example_Env_Fixed.zip
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

Keres, are you talking to yourself again?
Keres

Post by Keres »

Oh, sorry!
manganoid

Post by manganoid »

Yeah, i want to know this also. It would be cool to draw the curve in, say Paint or a pixelart app and use it as the curve. Or a spreadsheet, that works too.