Using Patterns from other Project

Zeldy

Using Patterns from other Project

Post by Zeldy »

Hello,

I currently have multiple projects, and would like to use some of them in conjunction to create a new project, basically using patterns from different projects in a new project. Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to do so, other than manually copy-pasting every single pattern I want to use one-by-one, which is extremely inconvenient.

Thank you
samrai katt kovboy

Re: Using Patterns from other Project

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

Maybe easier to erase the patterns you do not want to save in the new project?
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
Zeldy

Post by Zeldy »

That would be a solution if I only wanted patterns from a single project, but unfortunately, this won't work if I'm trying to get patterns from multiple different projects...
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Project merging function will be added in the upcoming release :)
Zeldy

Post by Zeldy »

Excellent, that's great news! :)
Zeldy

Post by Zeldy »

Sorry for asking (I'm a newbie on this forum :/), but could you redirect me to where we have information on the upcoming updates and expected release dates?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

No dates, sorry. But you can see the development progress here: http://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1361
spktkpkt

Post by spktkpkt »

Are there any news to this? Or is there a way to "export" patterns as separate files. Something like phrases (not the whole phrase editor, but the possibility to store "pharses" in files and load/import them into a project) in Renoise would be awesome!
Keres

Post by Keres »

that's what the metamodules are for. copy the pattern data in then use a multisynth.
spktkpkt

Post by spktkpkt »

Keres wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:46 am that's what the metamodules are for. copy the pattern data in then use a multisynth.
Haha, thank you! I need to spend more time with SunVox and also with its manual.

I always hide the timeline, so i never noticed that the metamodules have its own timeline. :ROFL:
Keres

Post by Keres »

I didnt realize how old this thread was... this is what you do: copy the tracks or blocks from the sequencer, whatever... then plop down a new metamodule.
open up the metamodule and plop down instrument 01 as a multisynth. then ctrl-V that pattern or sequencer data. go to the track and change the instrument number to your 01 multisynth. connect the multisynth to the output module. there. now you have a MIDI transposer that is just that track. you can hook it up to any instrument in your main session and play it back however you need to. you can also save this pattern data as a .sunsynth, give it a name like ArpChicken002c.sunsynth. there might need to be a video how to for this... -=//