TIP: using sunvox startup template as a desktop / workbench

leondustar

TIP: using sunvox startup template as a desktop / workbench

Post by leondustar »

I wish I discovered this earlier, but:

I'm using the startup template as a 'desktop' / workbench now...with metamodules as folder-icons 8)

Before this, I was carefully organizing my directories with instruments,samples,modules and so on.
However, I noticed that I didn't really re-visit many of those nifty patches, ideas etc...because: spending time in the file-browser isn't that much fun.
Synchronizing files across different devices isn't fun either :roll:

Anyways, for whatever it's worth: if you put all your often-used sunsynths into the startup template..then you can easily pick up where you left, and re-use ideas.
The moment it's becoming a song, then you just save it as a different file, and get rid of all the unused machines.

Example: just put all your favorite effects or synths in a metamodule (called "synths" and "fx"). Then (assuming you've connected all of them to the master) just connect them to your current synth/songmaster and browse thru 'presets' using the 'input module'-parameter:

voila..much faster than going thru filebrowsers over and over again..same applies to samples.

@nightradio is it possible (in theory) to delete unused machines (in pixilang?). If we could loop over all the notes, then we could identify and delete the unused machines no?