Broken on Android?

2D audio barcode reader
teo1978

Broken on Android?

Post by teo1978 »

Hi,

I've just tested PhonoPaper (downloaded from PlayStore) on a Be.Social SC020 phoone with Android 4.1.2

The image from camera is ridiculously distorted and somehow zoomed in, so that in order to have the diagram (printed on a portrait A4 sheet just like in the demo videos) fit into the screen you have to move your phone far, far away (like 5 times what you see in the demo videos).

And I hear practically nothing, just some very very dim click, almost inaudible, even though the volume is at 100%.

I do hear a lot of "noise" if I enable "free mode".

The distortion of the image seems to suggest that width and height are swapped in some calculation, but that's just a guess.
The fact is that the app does not work on Android 4.1 even closely to what seen in the videos.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Broken on Android?

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!

Please send me the log from your device. You can get it in the main app menu -> Info/Help -> Save log.
Also please send me some screenshots or photos of PhonoPaper on your device.
My email: nightradio@gmail.com
teo1978

Post by teo1978 »

I attach the log file, a screenshot taken from the application, and a picture taken from the same phone at exactly the same distance from the printed phonogram, so that you can see how screwed up the zoom of the camera within the application is, and my arm and hand give you an idea of the insane distance I had to place the phone at in order to have the phonogram fit into the screen.

Unfortunately I'm forced to convert the screenshot to jpg, and to reduce both images to bad quality because of the ridiculous limit of 64k per file attachment, but I hope you still get enough information from them
Attachments
picture taken from the same distance
picture taken from the same distance
phonopaper_compare.jpg (50.68 KiB) Viewed 14111 times
screenshot from the application
screenshot from the application
phonopaper_screenshot.jpg (39.94 KiB) Viewed 14111 times
log.txt
log file
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 923 times
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you!
It seems that the camera library gives me the wrong image size. I will try to do something with this bug.